Amped Up S’mores
These Amped Up S’mores are gooey, messy, and toasted to perfection! They’re way better than the original too, because these are made with Nutella and salted pretzels!
If you know me at all, you know that I love chocolate! Any type of treat that has a great chocolate combo (Chocolate-caramel, chocolate-peanut butter, chocolate-chocolate chunks, etc.) is where it’s at for me. I rarely ever say no to it. Can you blame me though?!?
So a chocolaty snack that I love to indulge in at times is graham crackers smeared with Nutella. It is so simple, but SO amazing! The Nutella is sweet, thick and has a taste like nothing else. I love it so much; I sometimes eat it with just a spoon. 😉
And since this snack is a favorite of mine, I’ve wondered, “How can I elevate this into a more fun dessert?” In walks this fun, Amped Up S’mores goodness! They’re like the grown up version of the S’mores you had as a kid, but WAY better.
Chocolaty, crunchy, sweet, salty and marshmallowy — all in one bite! This fun dessert checks all the boxes. Everyone will love it, but chances are you won’t want to share, hehe!
Ingredient Notes For These Amped Up S’mores:
- Chocolate – Besides Nutella, I list two additional chocolate options below. Each one is good. However, you have to keep a couple things in mind when making your decision on this ingredient.
- Nutella – This has a rich, decadent flavor but includes dairy.
- Nutiva – This also has a rich decadent flavor, but comes with the added benefit that it is vegan. It has the same texture as Nutella.
- Justin’s – This product is delicious, but doesn’t produce as much of a decadent result as the other two. Personally, I just feel it’s not as rich and deep in flavor. It is also dairy-free.
And, for more chocolate recipes, please give these a try:
- Dark-Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Decadent Chocolate-Cherry Chia Pudding
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Cherry Quinoa Bars (Healthy & Satisfying)
- Chocolate Fudge Affogato
FOLLOW ALONG! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest updates, recipes and content.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
Amped Up S’mores
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 + people 1x
These Amped Up S’mores are gooey, messy, and toasted to perfection! They’re way better than the original too, because these are made with Nutella and salted pretzels! And for those that need a dairy-free chocolate spread an additional option is provided.
- Honey Graham Crackers
- 1/2 cup Nutella or Nutiva Hazelnut Cocoa Spread, slightly warmed through
- Mini Salted Pretzels
- Broil: Place oven on high broil. Make sure the top rack is directly under the heat source.
- Chocolate spread: In a microwave safe dish, add around 1/2 cup Nutella and warm through for about 30 seconds.
- Put it together: In an 8×8 inch pan, evenly layer graham crackers, some smeared Nutella, pretzels and marshmallows.
- Brown: Place into the oven and brown the top of the marshmallows.
- Layer: Remove from the oven, and add a second layer of all of the ingredients.
- Brown again: Toast the top of the marshmallows again.
- Serve: Cut into squares and enjoy the ooey gooey mess!
- Browning the marshmallows: Make sure to stand at the oven, and watch this part of the process the whole time.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate, Dairy-Free Recipes, Dessert, Easy Dessert Recipes, Low Sodium, No Bake Desserts, Recipes for a Crowd, S’mores, Summer
Kids would love this recipe!!! It looks good for a cold, snowy Minnesota day for all of us!
Your photos make all your foods look enticing!
Thank you so much, Pat! And yes, kids love these S’Mores! They definitely don’t last long when I make them. 😉