Happy 4th of July! We have so much to be thankful for, and I am grateful that I get to live in the country that I do!
I prepped and grilled this entire meal one day prior, because the 4th will be plenty busy on its own…and who wants to be prepping all day on a holiday. Plus, I’m working part of the day and Tim has started to prep and paint our house. Considering there will be no fireworks, due to a number of fires here, we don’t feel too bad about not fully indulging in the holiday.
We will, however, be celebrating with an amazing lunch spread, fresh fruit, and refreshing Moscow Mules!!!
Hawaiian Spicy Mango Chicken & Veggie Kabobs
- 1 16 oz bottle KC Masterpiece 30-Minute Hawaiian Spicy Mango Marinade
- 2 lbs Chicken Breasts, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 whole Pineapple, cored and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped into bite size chunks
- 2 Red Bell Pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1-2 medium Zucchini, chopped into bite size pieces
- 8-10 Button Mushrooms
- 8 Metal Skewers
- Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil, for drizzling
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Chop the chicken into bite size pieces; about 1 inch wide and 1-1/2 inches thick. Add the chicken and enough marinade to a Ziploc bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To a large bowl, add the veggies (minus the onion and pineapple) and drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Skewer all the vegetables, fruit and meat. Skewer the onion separately, then drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. (This will ensure that the onion chunks don't separate).Skewer the pineapple and then drizzle with oil.
- On medium-high heat, grill all the vegetables for 10 minutes; turning frequently. Set aside.
- Grill the meat for 10 minutes; turning frequently.
- Serve alongside my Grilled Sweet Corn & Black Bean Salad.