These Sugary Chocolate Covered Cranberries pack a major punch. They are lightly sweet and crunchy on the outside, and BURST with a tart cranberry explosion on the inside!
- Dark chocolate
- Fresh tart cranberries
- It’s the perfect little treat for the holidays!
I had leftover chocolate and cranberries when I made my Cranberry-Orange Chocolate Drizzled Cupcakes, so I decided to roll them into another fun dessert. I wanted this new treat to be a play off of the chocolate covered cherry idea, but better. So, I rolled the fresh cranberries in the chocolate and then rolled them in sugar. I then placed them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to harden. So simple!!!
Ingredient Notes For These Chocolate Covered Cranberries:
- Double Boiler – Make sure the water doesn’t come to a boil – you just want a gentle simmer. Also, watch the chocolate the entire time. You don’t want it to burn on you.
- Chocolate – Any dark chocolate will do, but I do recommend that you try the Hu Kitchen brand I use for this recipe. It is absolutely delicious! And it contains no dairy, no refined sugar, etc., etc. It is made with just 3 ingredients.
It took me about an hour to roll these Sugary Chocolate Covered Cranberries by myself, but I made a ton of them. However, if you do this during the holidays with your family or friends it’ll be a fun activity to pass the time. I promise, you’ll be talking, rolling, and eating so many of these that you won’t even notice the time go by. 😉
And, for more holiday recipes, please give these a try:
- Fresh Herb-Garlic Roasted Chicken
- Hot Mulled Apple Cider (Slow Cooker)
- French 75 Cocktail with Empress Gin
- Herb-Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb
- Beautiful Autumn Charcuterie Board
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
- My large Marble & Wood Cheese Board is from Williams Sonoma.