Peach Cilantro Farro Salad
This Peach Cilantro Farro Salad is the perfect good-bye summer salad. It's filled with all the late summer produce of peaches, strawberries, cucumber and sweet corn. Then it's topped off with a honey-lime vinaigrette.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 8 + people
- 1 cup Nature's Earthly Choice Organic Farro, cooked
- 4 Peaches, diced
- 1/2 lb. Strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1 medium Cucumber, diced (skin removed)
- 3 Peaches N' Cream Corn on the Cob or another sweet corn, shucked and cooked
- 1/2 Shallot, diced
- Cilantro, a good handful
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tbsps Beeyond The Hive Raw Clover Honey
- 1 Lime, freshly squeezed juice
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Prepare the farro according to package directions.
While the farro is cooking, fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Gently place the ears of corn into the water, cover the pot, and turn off the heat. Let the corn cook in the hot water until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
Over a cutting board - hold one corn cob vertically - cutting the kernels off. Repeat this process with the remaining corn cobs.
To a large bowl, add the farro, fruits and veggies and stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, lime juice and some salt and pepper.
Mix the vinaigrette into the salad. Check the flavors again, because you may need to add a bit more salt and pepper.
Serve at room temperature or cold.