Shredded Chicken Crunchy Tacos
These delicious tacos are perfect for lunch or dinner. They are made with shredded salsa chicken, and topped with a sautéed mixture of bell pepper, onion and tomato. To finish them off, just add avocado, shredded lettuce and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Servings 6 people
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken (linked below)
- 1 box Siete Taco Shells, cooked
- Avocado Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- 1 Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Optional: Jalapeño Pepper, sliced
- 2 Limes (reserve 1/2 for the sauté)
- 1 Nature Sweet Constellation Mini Colorful Tomatoes, (a small handful), cut in half
- Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- 1 Avocado, pitted and cubed
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Prep all the veggies and add the taco shells to a sheet pan.
To a skillet, on medium-high heat, add a drizzle of avocado oil. Add the bell pepper, onion, jalapeño pepper, some salt and pepper and lime juice. Sauté for about 6-8 minutes, or until crisp-tender, and slightly charred in places. Make sure to give it a good stir occasionally.
During the last couple minutes, add the tomatoes just to soften them a bit. Remove the veggie mixture to a paper towel lined plate.
Cook the taco shells according to package directions.
Top the tacos with the salsa chicken, shredded lettuce, sautéed pepper/onion mixture and avocado chunks. Serve each plate with a lime wedge.