Chocolate Cherry Quinoa Bars
These Chocolate Cherry Quinoa Bars come together with ingredients like almonds, walnuts and quinoa, and are sweetened with maple syrup. I then top them with dark chocolate and tart, dry cherries.
Servings 12 + servings
- FOR THE BAR:
- 1/3 cup Almonds, unsalted, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Badia Whole Trilogy Health Seeds: Flax, Chia, Hemp
- 1 cup Ancient Harvest Traditional Organic White Quinoa
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- Fine Sea Salt, just a pinch
- 1 tbsp Nutiva Squeezable Organic Coconut Oil (linked below)
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- 1 cup Hu Dark Chocolate Gems, Baking & Snacking Chips (linked below)
- 1 tbsp Nutiva Squeezable Organic Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp Dried Red Cherries, unsweetened, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine all bar ingredients and stir until well combined.
Place onto the prepared baking sheet, and spread a large piece of plastic wrap over the top. Use a rolling pin to spread the bar out to a 1/2 inch thickness.
Remove plastic wrap from bar and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the bar turns a nice golden brown. Allow to cool slightly while you melt the chocolate.
In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and coconut oil. Spread evenly over the cooked quinoa bar.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes before topping with the cherries.
Place in the freezer for 30 minutes, then remove and cut into bars.