Blueberry Avocado and Kale Salad
This light and healthy kale superfood salad will keep you going all day! The sweet blueberries, creamy avocado and goat cheese sends this dish over the top!
Servings 4 people
- 1 large bunch Kale, chopped
- 1 cup Blueberries, washed
- 1-2 Avocados, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup Ancient Harvest Traditional Quinoa, cooked
- Goat Cheese or Feta Crumbles, to taste
- Slivered Almonds, to taste
- LEMON-HERB VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (good quality)
- 1/2 large Lemon, freshly squeezed juice
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Dried Parsley
Make the quinoa. Add 1/2 cup quinoa + 1 cup water to a small pot and cook according to package directions.
While the quinoa cooks, prep all the other ingredients and set aside.
Prepare the salad dressing. Add all the ingredients to a mason jar or a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake until well combined.
Make the salad. Add the chopped kale, blueberries and avocado to your individual bowls, or to one large serving bowl.
Once it has cooled, add a generous amount of quinoa. Sprinkle cheese and slivered almonds on top.
Drizzle the salad dressing over top right before serving.
- Kale: Make sure to remove the rib, because it tends to be very fibrous.
- Prep Time: The prep time is included in the cook time.