Since the holidays are among us, creating a drink that is fall inspired was obvious. And what better way than to use fresh pear, rosemary and a delicate, aromatic gin. This Empress Pear-Rosemary Gin Cocktail is sure to become a holiday favorite.
- PEAR-ROSEMARY SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup Water, filtered
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 Bosc Pear, chopped
- 1 Rosemary Sprig
- EMPRESS PEAR-ROSEMARY GIN COCKTAIL:
- 2 – 2 1/2 oz Empress 1908 Gin
- 2 oz Ginger Beer
- 1 oz Pear-Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1 oz Fresh Lemon Juice (equivalent to one large lemon)
- 1 Bosc Pear, slices for garnish
- Rosemary Sprigs, for garnish
- Pear-Rosemary Simple Syrup: In a small pot, warm the water to almost boiling. Remove from heat and stir in the honey until fully dissolved. Add the pear and rosemary and give it a gentle stir. Cover and let steep until it is completely cool. (I like to let it steep for at least an hour). Discard the pear and rosemary.
- Empress Pear-Rosemary Gin Cocktail: Once ready to serve, add the ice, simple syrup, lemon juice and Empress Gin to a glass. Stir to combine. (To see the colors change, let the gin settle into the lemon juice before stirring).
- Garnish: Top with ginger beer, stir gently, and garnish with a pear slice and rosemary sprig. Drink and enjoy!
- Layering the cocktail: To see the beautiful colors of the cocktail change, I like to layer the drink in the order stated within the directions. (Just be sure to add the lemon juice right before or right after the gin, because that is what changes the color). *NOTE: If you use different measurements, for the ingredients, the colors may turn out a bit differently than what you see in the images.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cocktail Party, Drink Recipes, Drinks, Easy Drink Recipes, Fruit, Gin Recipes, Ginger Beer, Gluten-Free Recipes, Honey Recipes, Lemon, Low Sodium, Mixed Drink Recipes, Recipes for a Crowd, Recipes for Parties