These Grilled Zucchini Chicken Burgers are a fun new way to enjoy everything you love about zucchini crisps, but with all the added fixings!
- 4 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (same thickness)
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 4 Zucchini Slices, cut into thick lengthwise pieces
- Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend Salt-Free
- 4 Dairy-Free Cheese Slices or Pepper Jack Cheese Slices
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- Romain Lettuce Leaves, for topping
- Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Oat Flour
- 1 Egg
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Preheat: Warm the gas grill up on high heat for about 10 mins. During this time, prep the zucchini.
- Coating: In 3 separate shallow dishes, add some flour, Panko bread crumbs and one beaten egg.
- Dredge the zucchini: Lightly coat each zucchini piece in flour, egg and then bread crumbs; set aside.
- Prep the chicken: Season both sides of the chicken breasts with the spicy seasoning blend.
- Cook: Turn the grill down to about medium-high, add the chicken and cook for about 6-8 mins per side (depending on thickness), or until it loses its pink color.
- Cheese: During the last minute or two, add the cheese and allow it to melt.
- Zucchini: Turn down one side of the grill to low, add the zucchini pieces and cook for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Assemble the burgers: Use your favorite hamburger buns, and top with the chicken, grilled zucchini, tomato, and lettuce.
- Grill: We have a Charbroil Gas Grill, so this wouldn’t apply to a charcoal grill.
- Hamburger Buns: Feel free to use whatever you want here. I like to use wheat, certain dairy-free white, or a good pretzel bun.
- Zucchini: There isn’t a specific thickness that this needs to be cut into. You just need to make sure that it is thick enough to hold up on the grill. (I would try at least 1/4 in. if not a bit thicker to start with).
- Cheese: We use a spicy pepper jack, cheddar or a dairy-free option for me at times. If you do not want to try dairy-free, then Tillamook is a fun brand option as well.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Burger Recipes, Easy Main Dish, Poultry, Recipes for a Crowd, Recipes for Parties, Sandwhich, Summer Recipes, Zucchini Recipes