This Lemon-Blueberry-Zucchini Bread with Lemon Glaze is everything you will want in a baked bread – a crisp outside, soft inside and loaded with blueberries, zucchini and tons of fresh lemon! It is perfect for spring or summer!
- Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil Spray
- 2 Eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil
- 1 cup Cane Sugar or 1 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 5.3 oz container So Delicious Dairy-Free Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative, Vanilla or Unsweetened Vanilla
- 2 cups Zucchini, grated (skin on), water removed
- 2 cups Fresh Blueberries, washed and dried
- 1 large Lemon, divided (will use half for the batter and the other half for the glaze)
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Oat Flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 large Lemon, freshly squeezed juice and zest (equivalent to two tbsp. juice)
- Prep the loaf pan: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, and coat the entire surface with a light dusting of oat flour, remove any access. Add a piece of cut parchment paper over the flour. Be sure it is hanging over the two long sides. Set aside.
- Wet ingredients: In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and avocado oil. Next, add the vanilla and yoghurt and mix until well combined.
- Dry ingredients: In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. In two or three different increments, stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Veggie and fruit: Next, fold in the zucchini and the zest and juice of half a large lemon. (If the lemon is extremely juicy just don’t us all the juice).
- Fold: Lightly flour the blueberries and then fold them into the batter during the last seven strokes of mixing.
- Bake: Pour the batter into the bread pan. Bake for one hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool down: Let cool for 30 minutes and then remove from the pan, turning out onto a wire rack. Let cool completely on the rack before frosting.
- Lemon glaze: To make the glaze, mix together powdered sugar, and the zest and juice of the other half of the lemon. Pour the glaze over the bread. Once it has set, cut into slices and enjoy.
- Storage: Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Eggs: Make sure they are at room temperature. This will lend to more even baking. Just add them to a bowl of warm water and let them sit for about 5 minutes.
- Zucchini: Make sure you drain the zucchini once it is grated. Too much moisture will make for a wet bread. FYI: I grate it with a box grater, wrap it in a couple of paper towels and ring it out. I then give it a light fluff with my fingers and gently place it in a two-cup measuring cup. Do not pack it down while measuring.
- Sugar: Feel free to use either cane sugar or coconut sugar. Coconut sugar is unrefined and is the healthier option. However, both work well for this recipe. FYI: If you use coconut sugar, you will need to add a bit more.
- Pan Prep: I like to spray the pan with a non-stick spray and coat it with flour. When I do this, the bottom of my bread bakes and sets up perfectly dry. However, when I don’t coat the pan in flour, the bread tends to be a little wet come the next day.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Blueberry, Breakfast, Dairy-Free Recipes, Dessert, Easy Dessert Recipes, Easy Snack Recipes, Fruit, Gluten-Free Recipes, Lemon, Zucchini Recipes