These lemon ricotta cookies are light and fluffy and perfectly lemony! It’s the perfect cookie for Spring!
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 15–ounce container Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese, such as Galbani
- 6 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice (3 tbsp for the batter, and 3 tbsp for the glaze)
- 2 Lemons, zested (1 lemon for the batter, and 1 lemon for the glaze)
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Batter: In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the butter and the sugar. Beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing between additions until well incorporated. Add the ricotta cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Beat to combine. Fold in the dry ingredients. Tightly cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake: Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop the dough (about 1 1/2 tablespoons for each cookie) onto the baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, until cooked through but still pale. Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 15 minutes. Continue with the remaining dough.
- Glaze: For the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2-teaspoon onto each cooled cookie and use the back of the spoon to gently spread. Let the glaze harden for about 2 hours.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Baking, Cookie, Dessert, Easy Baking, Fruit, Healthy, Holiday Recipes, Italian, Lemon, Lemon Recipes, Low-Cholesterol, Low-Fat