This breakfast pita is a great on-the-go breakfast goodie that’s filling and won’t weigh you down! It is made with eggs, fresh spinach and sundried tomatoes, and is absolutely delicious. It’s perfect for those mornings when you don’t have a lot of time.
- 5–6 Eggs, scrambled
- The Original Oatly Oat Milk, or milk of choice
- 1 tsp Sundried Tomato oil, reserved
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes, diced
- 2 handfuls Spinach
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 3 halves Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Pita Bread, lightly toasted
- Optional: 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated (reserve some for topping)
- Optional: Fresh Parsley
- Garlic: To a large skillet, on medium heat, add the sundried tomato oil and garlic and sauté until fragrant; just under 1 minute.
- Wilt: Add the sundried tomatoes and spinach and wilt down, stirring frequently; about 5 minutes. While this is cooking, prep the eggs with a splash of milk; set aside.
- Eggs: Reduce the heat to low, add the eggs, salt and pepper to taste and cook until desired doneness.
- Optional: Right before it’s done, stir in most of the Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Assemble: Divide the egg mixture evenly into three pita pockets, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and parsley.
- Servings: This quantity makes up to 3 full pitas. (It only served two of us though).
- Pita Pockets: I like to toast these in the oven on broil for just a couple of minutes. The toaster will work as well, but you have to be careful they don’t get stuck in the grates and burn.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Brunch, Easy Breakfast Recipes, Egg Recipes, Main Dish, Spinach, Sundried Tomato