This is a quick weeknight pasta dish that requires only simple and fresh ingredients. It comes together in just 30 minutes, but tastes like it has been cooking all evening. The family will love this!
- 4 large Chicken Breasts, skinless and boneless, thin sliced
- 4 cups Barilla Mini Farfalle Pasta or Barilla Protein Plus Farfalle, cooked to almost al dente
- 1 tbsp Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil
- 1 16.5 oz container Nature Sweet Constellation Tomatoes (equivalent to 3 cups before slicing)
- 1 12 oz jar Reese Quartered Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp Capers
- 1 tsp or so Caper Juice
- 1 14.5 oz can Swanson Chicken Broth, low sodium
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- 1/2 Lime, freshly squeezed juice
- 1/3–1/2 cup Fresh Basil, julienned (plus more for topping)
- Parmigiano Reggiano Flecks
- Chicken: Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. On medium-high heat, brown the chicken on both sides; about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with tin foil.
- Add the veggies: To the pan add the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, garlic, capers, caper juice and salt and pepper to taste and stir until well combined. Cook about 3 minutes or until the tomatoes have softened a bit.
- Pasta: Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water before adding the pasta. Cook the pasta to almost al dente (about 2-3 minutes underdone).
- Make the sauce: Once tomatoes are softened, deglaze the pan with the chicken broth; making sure to scrape up all the browned bits. Once the tomato mixture comes to a boil, stir in the lime juice and basil and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook for about 8-10 minutes while the pasta cooks.
- Put it together: Drain the pasta and add the pasta and chicken back into the tomato mixture. Stir everything until it’s well combined; cooking about 2-3 more minutes.
- Garnish: Remove from heat. Add Parmigiano Reggiano flecks and more basil. Serve immediately.
- Chicken Breasts: Right before adding to the pasta, dice the breasts into bite sized pieces or you can leave whole.
- Tomatoes: These are the mini, multi-colored tomatoes.
- Basil: I like to use a lot, but I just eyeball it. I would add at least 1/3 cup chopped and then go from there.
- Parmigiano Reggiano: Shave little flecks off with a sharp knife (moving the knife away from you).
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Basil, Chicken Recipes, High Fiber, Italian, Low-Fat, Main Dish, Pasta Recipes, Quick & Easy, Tomato