This Turkey Pot Pie is simple yet filling, and loaded with all the comforts of the holidays! It is the perfect day after Thanksgiving meal.
- 3 – 4 cups Turkey or Rotisserie Chicken, white meat
- 1/3–1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 – 3 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 – 3 Celery, diced
- 2 Fresh Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp Miyoko’s Creamery European Style Cultured Vegan Unsalted Butter
- 2 9″ Pie Crusts, store bought
- 1 Egg
- 4 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Oat Flour
- 3 cups Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Garlic: On medium high heat, melt butter and add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30-45 seconds.
- Veggies: Sauté the veggies until somewhat soft; about 5-7 minutes.
- Flour mixture: Add the flour and stir until well combined and cooked out. Then add the chicken stock and spices and cook until thick, stirring consistently, about 5 minutes.
- Chicken: Turn down the heat a bit, and add the chopped chicken and cream; stir well and let come together for another 3-5 mins. Take off the stove and let cool (about 5 mins) while you’re prepping the pie dough.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Form the dough: Unroll pie dough and place in an ungreased glass 9 inch pie pan. Press dough firmly against the sides and bottom. Trim the dough even with the pie pan edge.
- Put it together: Fill the pie shell with the chicken mixture, and top with the second dough piece. Pinch the dough to create a scalloped edge. Trim the excess.
- Vent the dough: Cut slits in the dough and gently brush with egg wash.
- Bake: Bake for 30-35 mins until the crust is golden brown and flaky and the filling is bubbling.
- Servings: 1 pot pie will either serve 4 large portions, or up to 6 smaller portions.
- Prep Time: 30 min prep time includes cutting the veggies and meat and cooking the mixture on the stovetop.
- Rotisserie Chicken: Generally, I use two breasts from a family size chicken plus a bit extra.
- Pie Crust: Let the crust come to room temperature. I set it out while I’m prepping all the other ingredients.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy Baking, Easy Main Dish, Holiday Recipes, Main Dish, Pot Pie Recipes, Poultry, Sauteing Recipes, Thanksgiving, Turkey Recipes