Stovetop chili with an added spicy kick that’s perfect for those cold wintery months!
- 1 tbsp Avocado or Vegetable Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken or Hamburger, crumbled
- 2 14.5 oz cans Hunt’s Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 16 oz can Bush’s Best Dark Red Kidney Beans (liquid included)
- 2 16 oz cans Bush’s Best Pinto Beans (liquid included)
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, diced
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- Garlic Salt, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Toppings: Avocado slices, diced onion, Kite Hill Sour Cream and cilantro
- Optional: Cheese
- Serve with: Tortillas or Crackers
- Veggies: In a large pot, add the oil and garlic and sauté on medium-high heat until aromatic; about 30-40 seconds. Add both the onion and green pepper and cook until the onion is translucent; about 3-5 minutes.
- Chicken: Add the chicken and season it with some pepper and garlic salt. Brown for about 8 minutes and then strain.
- Simmer: Add the meat and remaining ingredients to the pot and simmer for 15 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Assemble: Ladle into bowls and top with avocado, cheese, cilantro, onion and sour cream.
- How to serve: Serve with warm tortillas or crackers.
- I’ve made this chili a number of times and every time I do, I make it a little bit different. Sometimes I add only 1/2 lb. of ground hamburger, sometimes I add more chipotle peppers and other times I add less spices. Ultimately though, I enjoy the ground chicken which lends to a lighter/healthier chili. So just use this as a guide. Kind of make it your own and have fun!
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Beans and Legumes, Chicken Chili, Chicken Recipes, Chili, Easy Main Dish, Healthy, Main Dish, Poultry