30-Minute Stovetop Chicken Chipotle Chili! This stovetop chili has an added spicy kick that’s perfect for those cold wintery months. And it is a family favorite. It is the perfect meal that is ready in no time.
- A nice heat from the fire roasted tomatoes and chipotle pepper
- Very hearty and filling
- All the delicious toppings
Just a quick note about this chili: I’ve made it a number of times and every time I do, I make it a little bit different. So, just use this as a guide. Make it your own and have fun with it!
Ingredient Notes For This 30-Minute Chicken Chipotle Chili:
- Meat – Sometimes I add one full lb. of ground chicken and other times I only add 1/2 lb. of ground hamburger. Personally though, I enjoy the ground chicken which lends to a lighter/healthier chili.
- Spices – FYI: Please keep in mind that chipotle pepper is not the same as chili powder. Chipotle pepper contains just one ingredient: smoked and dried jalapeño peppers. Chili powder, on the other hand, is a blend of spices typically including: chili peppers, cumin, garlic and oregano.
- For this recipe, I like to use both of these spices. Sometimes I add more chipotle pepper and other times I add less.
- Note: I used to make this chili with two, diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. I don’t use it anymore though, because I can’t find a brand without inflammatory oils or refined sugar. However, if you can find it then this ingredient would be great. (*If you use the peppers in adobo sauce, then be sure to omit the chipotle powder).
- Sour Cream – I love the brand Kite Hill. It is so well made and you can’t tell the difference. It is a great, dairy-free alternative.
I hope you love this hearty meal as much as I do!
And, for more soup recipes, please give these a try:
- Spicy-Sweet Potato Bean Soup with Chicken
- Creamy Roasted-Poblano Potato Soup
- Chicken & Vegetable Coconut Curry
- Cream Potato Sausage and Kale Soup
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
- My White Textured Ceramic Dinnerware is available at World Market.