This vegan caramel sauce is buttery and decadent! You can use it to top your favorite ice cream or pastries, and it comes together in no time at all.
- 1 can Native Forest Simple Organic Coconut Cream, Unsweetened, just the solid top cream and not the water
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Miyoko’s Creamery® European Style Cultured Vegan Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill® Arrowroot or Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Make the caramel sauce: In a small pot, add the coconut cream, sugar, butter and arrowroot. Over medium-high heat, stir constantly until well incorporated. Once the mixture becomes foamy, lower heat to a simmer and stir frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Add the salt: Once it comes together, if you want it salted, stir in the salt.
- Let it cool: Remove from heat. Use immediately or let it cool completely before putting it in the fridge.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Caramel, Caramel Sauce, Dessert, Dairy-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes, Dessert Topping, Easy Dessert Recipes, Gluten-Free Recipes, Salted Caramel, Toppings, Vegan