This 5-Ingredient Vegan Caramel Sauce is wonderfully buttery and decadent. You can use it to top your favorite ice cream or pastries, and it comes together in no time at all.
It was important for me to make this caramel vegan, so I use really good quality products here. And I will say, I did do my research with the coconut cream and vegan butter. So, in the end, you can’t tell that it’s not made with real cream. It’s buttery, it’s rich and it is decadent…so decadent that you will want to eat it with just a spoon!
Here are all the delicious details.
How To Make This 5-Ingredient Vegan Caramel Sauce:
- Coconut Cream – This is probably the most important ingredient in this sauce. So it is vital that you get the right one.
- The specific brand below, in my opinion, is the best one on the market because it is organic, Non-GMO, vegan and gluten-free. Plus, it contains no guar gum or other additives. This is a major bonus! At the end of the day, it is all about finding the best clean ingredients. So, please be sure to check out the one I mention below.
- Brown Sugar – To be honest, I have made this caramel with both light and dark brown sugar before, and I enjoy the taste of both. The only difference is that the dark brown sugar has a little more moisture in it so it is deeper and more toffee-like in flavor. However, I did use light brown sugar here.
- Vegan Butter – So far, my favorite brand is Miyoko’s. Their unsalted butter is perfect for baking, and it tastes and performs like real dairy butter.
- Thickener – You can use either arrowroot or cornstarch. Again, I have used both by Bob’s Red Mill® and love them. However, in the end I do like the arrowroot because it is gluten-free and grain free.
- Salt – Fine sea salt will do the trick! Plus, who doesn’t like the infamous sweet-salty combo?!?
And, for recipes to pair with this caramel sauce, please give these a try:
- Apple Turnovers with Homemade Caramel
- Autumn-Apple Pie Chia Pudding
- Honeycrisp-Apple Tart with Caramel Sauce
- Iced Brown Sugar Caramel Latte
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print