These Apple-Cinnamon-Zucchini Muffins with Cinnamon Sugar Topping are made from simple, clean ingredients. They are loaded with tart apple chunks, zucchini, cinnamon and toasty coconut sugar. And, they’re perfect for all your holiday festivities, a Sunday brunch or a fun snack.
- 1 box Simple Mills Apple Cinnamon Muffin and Bread Mix
- 3 Eggs, (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Water, filtered
- 1/3 cup Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, or Coconut Yogurt
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Granny Smith Apple, peeled and diced (equivalent to 1 large apple)
- 1 cup Grated Zucchini, (skin on), water removed (equivalent to 1 medium zucchini) *I measure the 1 cup zucchini before I remove the water
- 6 Jumbo Muffin Liners or 12 Regular Muffin Liners
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Heat: Preheat the oven to 350° degrees F.
- Whisk: In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, vanilla and oil. Add the baking mix; whisk until well blended.
- Stir: Gently stir in half of the cinnamon sugar topping.
- Fold: With a wooden spoon or spatula, fold the diced apple and zucchini into the batter until just incorporated.
- Divide: Spoon the batter into a lined muffin tin with 6 or 12 paper muffin liners, filling to almost full.
- Topping: Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar topping over the muffins, about 1 teaspoon per muffin cup, if making 6 jumbo muffins.
- Bake: Bake for 23-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool: Cool muffins for a couple of minutes; remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack.
- How to store: Keep the muffins in an airtight container in the fridge.
- If possible, use all organic ingredients.
- Eggs: Make sure they are at room temperature. This will lend to more even baking. Just add them to a bowl of warm water and let them sit for about 5 minutes.
- Fat: Use either avocado oil, coconut oil or coconut yogurt. If you use yogurt, just replace it at a 1:1 ratio.
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping: I add half of it to the batter to make it a bit sweeter, and reserve the second half for the top of the muffins. Adding this step, in my opinion, just puts the muffins over the top.
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple Recipes, Baking, Breakfast, Brunch, Dairy-Free, Dessert, Easy Baking, Easy Snack Recipes, Fruit, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Holiday Recipes, Muffin, Zucchini Recipes