Apple-Cinnamon-Zucchini Muffins with Crumb Topping
These Apple-Cinnamon-Zucchini Muffins with Crumb Topping are made from simple ingredients, including the finest yoghurt. And they’re perfect for all your holiday festivities, a Sunday brunch or a fun snack.
- Krusteaz Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake & Muffin Mix
- Granny smith apples
- Grated zucchini
How This Recipe Came To Be:
This recipe came to be toward the fall. Gardening season was coming to an end so I broke down, pulled all remaining veggies and froze them. Over the next couple of weeks I kept asking myself what to do with the zucchini. I had the beginnings of a recipe in mind, hoping to use Noosa Yoghurt (my all-time favorite yoghurt, EVER!), apples and warming spices.
On my next grocery run I made a point to find the perfect Noosa Yoghurt to pair with my idea. And after coming across their Apple Cinnamon flavor, I knew it was the perfect fit.
A couple of test runs later and the recipe came together beautifully. These muffins have all the fall/holiday vibes going on, along with being light, moist, and perfectly crumbly from the crazy good cinnamon topping. Did I mention “healthy” from the zucchini! Everyone who has sampled this so far has raved about it, and I am extremely proud of that.
Ingredient Notes For These Apple-Cinnamon-Zucchini Muffins with Crumb Topping:
- Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake & Muffin Mix – There is a gluten free version and a regular version. So feel free to use what works best for you.
- Egg – Make sure it is at room temperature.
- Add it to a bowl of warm water and let it sit until it reaches room temperature.
- Yogurt – Either the Noosa yogurt will work or the Silk Apple Cinnamon Almondmilk Yogurt Alternative is a great choice as well.
This muffin recipe is simple, quick, packed full of great flavors, and you can say it’s even kinda healthy-ish too! So if you’re interested in recreating this goodie, the info is below.
And, for more baked goods recipes, please give these a try:
- Apple Turnovers with Homemade Caramel
- Chai-Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins
- Cape Gooseberry Scones with Lemon
- Honeycrisp-Apple Tart with Caramel Sauce
- Sweet Zucchini Bread
FOLLOW ALONG! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest updates, recipes and content.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
Apple-Cinnamon-Zucchini Muffins with Crumb Topping
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 23 minutes
- Total Time: 38 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
These Apple Cinnamon Zucchini Muffins are made from simple ingredients, including the finest yoghurt. And they’re perfect for all your holiday festivities, a Sunday brunch or a fun snack.
- 1 box Krusteaz Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake & Muffin Mix
- 1 Egg, (room temperature)
- 1 8 oz Apple Cinnamon Noosa Finest Yoghurt© or 1 5.3 oz Silk Apple Cinnamon Almondmilk Yogurt Alternative (Slightly thinned out with some water)
- 1 1/2 cups Granny Smith Apples, peeled and diced (equivalent to 1 1/2 large apples)
- 1 cup Grated Zucchini, (skin on), water removed (I measured the 1 cup zucchini before I removed the water)
- Cinnamon Topping
- 12 Muffin Liners
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350° degrees F.
- Stir: In a large bowl, stir together the muffin mix, yogurt and egg until blended.
- Fruit & Veggie: Add in the diced apples and zucchini and stir to combine.
- Stir: Gently stir in 1/2 pouch of the cinnamon topping.
- Divide: Spoon the batter into a lined muffin tin with 12 paper muffin liners, filling to the top.
- Topping: Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon topping over the batter, about 1 teaspoon per muffin cup. Gently press the topping in with the back of the spoon.
- Bake: Bake for 23-25 minutes; until the topping is golden brown, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool: Cool muffins for a couple of minutes; remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack.
- How to store: Keep the muffins in an airtight container.
- Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake & Muffin Mix: There is a gluten free version and a regular version. So feel free to use what works best for you.
- Egg: Add it to a bowl of warm water and let it sit until it reaches room temperature.
- Yogurt: Either the Apple Cinnamon Noosa Yoghurt will work, or the Silk Apple Cinnamon Almondmilk Yogurt Alternative is a great choice as well.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple Recipes, Baking, Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert, Easy Baking, Easy Snack Recipes, Fruit, Gluten-Free Recipes, Holiday Recipes, Muffin, Zucchini Recipes
- Here is a link to a Wilton 3-Tier Cooling Rack can be found on Amazon.
It certainly makes Chrsitmas cooking for my family a more pleasant task this year knowing you (Naomi) are going to make some of your favorite recipes, this being one of them! She’s even agreed to bring the yoghurt since I can’t find the particular flavor called for in the muffin recipe. On the morning these are made I plan to make quiche. It should be a perfect breakfast!
Oh Patricia, you are too sweet! I can’t wait for breakfast on Christmas morning…great food and good company! What more could you ask for?!?