These Apple-Cinnamon-Zucchini Muffins with Cinnamon Sugar Topping are made from simple, clean ingredients. They are loaded with tart apple chunks, zucchini, cinnamon and toasty coconut sugar. And, they’re perfect for all your holiday festivities, a Sunday brunch or a fun snack. It doesn’t get any easier than this.
- Simple Mills Apple Cinnamon Muffin and Bread Mix
- Oil or yogurt
- Granny Smith apple
How My Apple-Cinnamon-Zucchini Muffins With Cinnamon Sugar Came To Be:
Gardening season had just come to an end. So I broke it down, pulled all remaining veggies and froze them. And over the next couple of weeks I kept asking myself what to do with the zucchini. I had the beginnings of a recipe in mind, hoping to use yogurt, apples and warming spices.
On my next grocery run I made it a point to find the cleanest of ingredients to make my idea come to light. And after coming across the Simple Mills baking mix, I knew it was the perfect fit. Sometimes, an easy throw together mix is just where it’s at. 😉
A couple of test runs later and the recipe came together beautifully. These muffins have all the fall/holiday vibes going on, along with being light, moist, and perfectly sweet from the crazy good cinnamon sugar topping. Did I mention “healthy” from the zucchini?! So far, everyone who has sampled a muffin has raved about it, and I am extremely proud of that. They are pretty yummy!
Ingredient Notes For These Apple-Cinnamon-Zucchini Muffins with Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- Simple Mills Apple Cinnamon Muffin and Bread Mix – This is an almond flour mix that is corn, gluten and grain-free, is plant based and paleo-friendly. It contains apples, almond flour, arrowroot, organic coconut sugar, organic coconut flour, baking soda, organic cinnamon and sea salt. That is it! Just clean ingredients, and no preservatives. And, that is how it should be.
- Eggs – Make sure they are at room temperature. This will lend to more even baking.
- Tip – Add them to a bowl of warm water and let them sit for about 5 minutes.
- Fat – Use either avocado oil, coconut oil or coconut yogurt. If you use yogurt, just replace it at a 1:1 ratio.
- Apple – I use a Granny Smith apple for this recipe. The tart apple compliments the zucchini and other flavors so well.
- Zucchini – Be sure to really ring out the zucchini. No one likes wet muffins. Generally, I use some paper towels for this step so I don’t mess up a nice kitchen towel.
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping – This topping consists of 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. I then add half of it to the batter to make it a bit sweeter, and reserve the second half for the top of the muffins. Doing this step, in my opinion, just puts the muffins over the top.
This muffin recipe is simple, quick, packed full of great flavors, and is healthy too! So, if you’re interested in recreating this goodie, the info is below.
And, for more baked goods recipes, please give these a try:
- Apple Turnovers with Homemade Caramel
- Chai-Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins
- Cape Gooseberry Scones with Lemon
- Honeycrisp-Apple Tart with Caramel Sauce
- Sweet Zucchini Bread
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print