Apple Cranberry Orange Crisp is the perfect bookend to your Thanksgiving menu! This dessert is complex in flavor, includes a number of beautiful fall flavors, and is relatively quick to pull together.
- 6 Honeycrisp Apples, peeled and sliced (medium-to thick slice)
- 2 cups Fresh Cranberries, washed and patted dry
- 1/2 Navel Orange, freshly squeezed juice and zest
- 1/2 cup Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 3 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Oat Flour
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Oat Flour
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds or Pecans
- 1/3 cup Miyoko’s Creamery® European Style Cultured Vegan Unsalted Butter (softened)
- Optional: So Delicious Dairy-Free Oatmilk Creamy Vanilla Bean Frozen Dessert, or vanilla ice cream of choice, for topping
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 375° degrees F. Lightly butter or spray a cast iron skillet, or 9-by-13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Filling: In a large bowl, combine the apples, cranberries, orange zest, orange juice, sugar and flour. Set aside.
- Topping: In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and almonds. Add the butter and give it a good stir to combine. Then finish working the mixture with your fingers.
- Put it together: Transfer the filling to the baking dish and then sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake: Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and juices are bubbly around the edges. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Optional: Serve with a side of dairy-free ice cream.
- Apples: I use Honeycrisp Apples here. You can also use Braeburn, Crispin, or Pink Lady.
- Brown Sugar: You can use coconut sugar or cane sugar as an alternative.
- Cranberries: You can use frozen fresh for this recipe. (When cranberries are in season, I usually buy a number of bags and throw them in the freezer for later).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple, Apple Crisp, Apple Dessert, Apple Recipes, Baking, Cranberry, Cranberry Recipes, Dairy-Free Recipes, Dessert, Easy Baking, Fruit, Holiday Recipes, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Desserts