Apple Cranberry Orange Crisp
This post contains affiliate links.
Apple Cranberry Orange Crisp is the perfect bookend to your intimate Thanksgiving Menu! This dessert is complex in flavor, includes a number of beautiful fall flavors, and is relatively quick to pull together.
This Apple Cranberry Orange Crisp is like the dessert I grew up on, but dare I say better…It’s filled with hints of warm cinnamon and nutmeg, tart cranberries, sweet crisp apples and a pop of fresh orange, and I am in love. It is then topped with a “buttery”, oat-nut topping.
Ingredients Notes For This Apple Cranberry Orange Crisp:
- Apples – I use Honeycrisp Apples here. You can also use Braeburn, Crispin, or Pink Lady.
- Cranberries – You can use frozen fresh for this recipe. (When cranberries are in season, I usually buy a number of bags and throw them in the freezer for later).
- Bob’s Red Mill ® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Rolled Oats – What a great brand this is. Plus, I love their gluten-free products as well.
- Bob’s Red Mill ® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Oat Flour – Here is another goodie. I use this flour on a daily basis now, because I want to stay away from processed white flour. This gluten free oat flour contains the same nutrition as their old fashioned oats, which provides fiber and protein.
- Be sure to check out these products and much more at Bob’s Red Mill®.
- Nuts – Use either almonds or pecans, but almonds are my favorite!
- Miyoko’s Creamery ®European Style Cultured Vegan Butter – This butter is 100% crafted from plants. Plus it melts, spread, browns, bakes and tastes like butter. For me, this is a great alternative because it is lactose free, gluten-free and contains no dairy.
And, please be sure to check out my full Thanksgiving Menu Guide (Easy, yet elegant).
FOLLOW ALONG! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest updates, recipes and content.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
Apple Cranberry Orange Crisp
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 + people 1x
Apple Cranberry Orange Crisp is the perfect bookend to your Thanksgiving menu! This dessert is complex in flavor, includes a number of beautiful fall flavors, and is relatively quick to pull together.
- 6 Honeycrisp Apples, peeled and sliced (medium-to thick slice)
- 2 cups Fresh Cranberries, washed and patted dry
- 1/2 Navel Orange, freshly squeezed juice and zest
- 1/2 cup Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 3 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Oat Flour
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Oat Flour
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds or Pecans
- 1/3 cup Miyoko’s Creamery® European Style Cultured Vegan Unsalted Butter (softened)
- Optional: So Delicious Dairy-Free Oatmilk Creamy Vanilla Bean Frozen Dessert, or vanilla ice cream of choice, for topping
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 375° degrees F. Lightly butter or spray a cast iron skillet, or 9-by-13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Filling: In a large bowl, combine the apples, cranberries, orange zest, orange juice, sugar and flour. Set aside.
- Topping: In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and almonds. Add the butter and give it a good stir to combine. Then finish working the mixture with your fingers.
- Put it together: Transfer the filling to the baking dish and then sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake: Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and juices are bubbly around the edges. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Optional: Serve with a side of dairy-free ice cream.
- Apples: I use Honeycrisp Apples here. You can also use Braeburn, Crispin, or Pink Lady.
- Brown Sugar: You can use coconut sugar or cane sugar as an alternative.
- Cranberries: You can use frozen fresh for this recipe. (When cranberries are in season, I usually buy a number of bags and throw them in the freezer for later).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple, Apple Crisp, Apple Dessert, Apple Recipes, Baking, Cranberry, Cranberry Recipes, Dairy-Free Recipes, Dessert, Easy Baking, Fruit, Holiday Recipes, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Desserts
- These 9 oz ramekins are by The Pioneer Woman or this set of 8 oz ramekins are both from Amazon.
This is a must try!!! I love crisp. I can almost taste it now with ice cream melting on the warm crisp!!! It’s good to have your crisp topping. There are lots of them but yours looks perfect.
This one is a must-make goodie for sure! And ohhh yes, ice cream would be perfect dumped on top.