Apple Cranberry Orange Crisp is the perfect bookend to this intimate Thanksgiving Menu! This dessert is complex in flavor, includes a number of beautiful fall flavors, and is relatively quick to pull together. Because again, the point of this entire holiday meal is simple and quick yet elegant.
This Apple Cranberry Orange Crisp is like the dessert I grew up on, but dare I say better…It’s filled with hints of warm cinnamon and nutmeg, tart cranberries, sweet crisp apples and a pop of fresh orange, and I am in love. It is then topped with a buttery, oat-nut topping.
And, please be sure to check out my full 2018 Thanksgiving Menu Guide here.
Apple Cranberry Orange Crisp
- 6 Honeycrisp Apples, peeled and sliced (medium-to thick slice)
- 2 cups Fresh Cranberries, washed and patted dry
- 1/2 Navel Orange, zest and freshly squeezed juice
- 1/2 cup Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 3 tbsp Bob's Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Oat Flour (linked below)
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Rolled Oats (linked below)
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Oat Flour
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds or Pecans
- 1/3 cup Miyoko's Creamery® European Style Cultured Vegan Butter, unsalted (softened or slightly melted) (linked below)
- Optional: Vanilla Ice Cream for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly butter or spray a cast iron skillet, or 9-by-13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, cranberries, orange zest, orange juice, sugar and flour. Set aside.
- Transfer the filling to the baking dish and then sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and juices are bubbly around the edges. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Apples: I like a thicker cut slice.
- And for those interested, my 9 oz ramekins are by The Pioneer Woman and can be found on Amazon. You can also find this set of 8 oz ramekins on Amazon as well.
*Be sure to click the Yum button, which will allow you to save this recipe to your Yummly recipe box.