Braised Short Ribs with Cranberries! This meal is made in the slow cooker and features tender short ribs, carrots and tart cranberries. Add a side of parsnip purée and you have an elegant date night meal.
- 8 Bone-in Beef Short Ribs, about 6 oz each (3 lbs. total)
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- Rainbow Carrots
- 1 cup Dry Red Wine (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1 14.5 oz can Swanson Beef Broth, 50% less sodium
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp Beeyond The Hive Raw Wildflower Honey
- 3 tbsp Balsamic (good quality)
- Fresh Thyme, a small handful
- 2 large sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 cups Fresh Cranberries
- Parsnip Purée, for serving
- Prepare the short ribs: Season the short ribs with pepper and salt. To a large skillet, heat the oil on medium-high heat. Add the ribs and sear on both sides; 2-3 minutes each. Remove the ribs and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Make the wine mixture: To a small bowl, add the wine, broth, garlic, tomato paste, pepper and salt to taste, and stir to combine; set aside.
- Cover the ribs: Drizzle the honey and balsamic directly over the ribs.
- Add the veggies: Top with the shallots, carrots, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves.
- Add the wine mixture: Gently pour the wine mixture on top and cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- When to add cranberries: If cooking on high, add the cranberries during the last 30 minutes-1 hour of cook time. If cooking on low, add the cranberries during the last 1 1/2 hours-2 hours of cook time.
- How to serve: Remove the aromatics. Serve the ribs over parsnip purée or mashed potatoes. Drizzle with some of the sauce.
- Beef: Regarding portions, use 4, 10-12 oz short ribs or 8, 6 oz short ribs.
- Carrots: Use half of a 12 oz bag of baby rainbow carrots, or use 4 large heirloom rainbow carrots.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Beef, Cranberry Recipes, Date Night Recipes, Honey Recipes, Main Dish, Ribs Recipes, Short Ribs, Slow Cooker Recipes