This Parsnip Purée with Garlic and Herbs is a healthier and lightened up version of your favorite mashed potatoes.
The parsnips are quickly boiled, and then puréed with milk, fresh herbs, some seasoning and a bit of cheese. The parsnips also have a light, natural sweetness to them. And your guests will be hard pressed to know that this side dish is anything but your typical mashed potatoes.
Be sure to check out my full 2018 Thanksgiving Menu Guide here.
Parsnip Purée with Garlic and Herbs
- 1 lb. Parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup The Original Oatly Oat Milk, or milk of choice
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- Fresh Rosemary, just a small sprinkle
- Fresh Lemon Thyme, just a small sprinkle
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, freshly grated
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the parsnips. Cook until tender about 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- To a food processor, add the parsnips, milk, garlic, rosemary and thyme and purée until smooth.
- Add the cheese and pulse again until just incorporated. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve immediately or cover and reheat later.
NOTE: The Mikasa Stemless Wine Glasses are from Bed Bath and Beyond.