This easy red curry is full of fresh vegetables and chicken in a creamy coconut sauce. Just top it with mango and crunchy chickpeas for a hearty weeknight meal.
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 Small Zucchini, diced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 Small Yellow Squash, diced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 Fresh Broccoli Head, cut into florets (equivalent to 2 cups)
- 1 Family Size Rotisserie Chicken, 1 breast shredded (equivalent to 2 cups)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Gourmet Garden Ginger, Stir-In Paste
- 1 tbsp Gourmet Garden Lemongrass, Stir-In Paste
- 3 – 5 tbsp Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste, or to taste
- 1 14 oz can Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce, less sodium
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce
- 1 Lime, freshly squeezed juice and zest
- Fresh Basil or Cilantro, chopped
- Jasmine Rice or Cauliflower Rice, cooked
- Toppings: Mango slices, crunchy chickpeas and naan
- Cook the veggies: To a large skillet, on medium-high heat, add the avocado oil. Add the bell pepper, zucchini, squash and broccoli, and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until lightly charred on the edges.
- Stir in the curry mixture: Add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, and curry paste and cook for an additional minute or two until fragrant.
- Add remaining liquids: Slowly pour in the coconut milk and 3/4 cup of water. Add the fish sauce and soy sauce and stir to combine.
- Simmer: Lastly, stir in the shredded chicken. Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the curry has slightly thickened.
- Stir in the herbs: Remove from the heat, and then stir in the basil, or cilantro, lime juice and zest.
- Assemble: In four small bowls, add some rice, and ladle the curry on top. Top each bowl with mango and chickpeas. Serve with warm naan.
- Chicken: Use either one breast from a family size rotisserie chicken, or use 1-2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts. If you use raw chicken, just add it into the sauce and let it simmer until fully cooked. Remove from the pan, shred it and then add it back.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Chicken Curry, Chicken Recipes, Curry Recipes, Dairy-Free Recipe, Easy Chicken, Easy Main Dish, Gluten-Free Recipe, Main Dish, Poultry, Soup, Thai