Chicken & Vegetable Coconut Curry! This easy red curry is full of fresh vegetables and chicken in a creamy coconut sauce. Just top it with mango and crunchy chickpeas for a hearty weeknight meal.
This curry is made in one pan and is ready in under 30 minutes. It is fast, flavorful, healthy and has a little something for everyone. Honestly, this dish is one of my favorite meals….some of the veggies are more summery, but I’m able to find them year round. If you can’t, that is fine, just substitute it for something else.
Red curry is made from crushed red chilies, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, shallots and fish paste with a coconut base. I reinforce those flavors by adding more of those ingredients throughout the whole dish.
Below, I share the type of coconut products that you will need, and the most important ingredients to pay close attention to.
And, of course, feel free to play around with different variations. Things like carrots, spinach, and baby potatoes are great in this recipe as well.
What You Need To Know About Coconut Milk:
- Coconut milk is the basis of most Thai curries. In this coconut curry, I use full-fat coconut milk. Lite coconut milk has less fat, giving it a more watery consistency. So use full-fat here, because it will lend to a richer and creamier flavor. Also, please note, do not try coconut cream (too thick) or cream of coconut (way too sweet)…
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Basil, Cilantro or both
- Curry Paste – The brand I mention below is great. I like my curry spicy, so I tend to add more. To begin with, just start with three tablespoons, and work your way up from there.
- Fish Sauce – You don’t need much, but you can’t do without it.
- Chicken – A garlic rotisserie chicken works great in this recipe, which is what I use a lot. However, you can also use one to two large chicken breasts instead and just cook them in the sauce.
Add-Ons For This Chicken & Vegetable Coconut Curry:
- Basil, Cilantro or both
- Fresh Mango
- Crunchy Chickpeas
- Warm Naan
What’s the best way to serve this Chicken & Vegetable Coconut Curry? I absolutely love it over cooked rice or cauliflower rice, and topped with mango, chickpeas, more fresh herbs and warm naan. It will blow your mind!
And, for more chicken recipes, please give these a try:
- Fresh Herb-Garlic Roasted Chicken
- Creamy Coconut Cilantro-Lime Chicken
- Shredded Chicken Crunchy Tacos
- Easy Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Loaded Taco Salad Bowls
- Mediterranean Chicken Hummus Bowls
- Easy Tomato Basil Chicken Pasta
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print