A sweet and wonderfully tart fall dessert that’s perfect for the holidays!
- 2 cups Ocean Spray Fresh Cranberries, whole
- 1/2 cup Pecans or Sliced Almonds, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Florida Crystals Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 sticks Miyoko’s Creamery European Style Cultured Vegan Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Oat Flour
- So Delicious Dairy-Free Oatmilk Creamy Vanilla Bean Frozen Dessert, or vanilla ice cream of choice
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray an 8 x 8 glass pan with cooking spray, or use an ungreased cast iron skillet.
- Base: Cover the bottom with whole cranberries. Top with pecans or almonds (which are my favorite) and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Filling: In a separate mixing bowl, with a hand mixer, cream together the remaining 1 cup sugar, eggs and butter. Add the flour and mix until just combined. Pour over the top of the cranberries.
- Cook: Bake for 35 minutes in a glass pan, or for 45-50 minutes in the skillet.
- Garnish: Serve topped with sugared cranberries and vanilla bean ice cream!
- If using a cast iron skillet: You may want to add another 1/2 cup of cranberries or so. I have cooked this dessert in glass and cast iron before, and I personally feel it may need a bit more cranberries in the skillet.
- Eggs & Butter: Make sure both are at room temperature.
- Eggs: Add them to a bowl of warm water and let them sit for about 5 minutes.
- Butter: It needs to be soft and not melted. Also, I would not recommend melting it in the microwave, because if it gets too melty it will mess up the cooking process. (You can use vegan butter or your butter of choice).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cake, Cranberry, Cranberry Cake, Cranberry Recipes, Dairy-Free Recipes, Dessert, Easy Baking, Easy Dessert Recipes, Fall, Fruit, Gluten-Free Recipes, Holiday Recipes, Low Sodium