Cranberry Almond Cake! A sweet and wonderfully tart fall dessert that’s perfect for the holidays! This cake is also dairy and gluten-free.
Ingredients For This Cranberry Almond Cake:
- Whole fresh cranberries
- Nuts – sliced almonds or pecans
- Organic raw cane sugar
- Vegan butter or butter of choice
- Oat flour
By the way, this recipe comes courtesy of my mom (I’m not sure who she got it from. I wish I could take credit for it but I can’t. I will share it with you all though). She makes it every year and I love it.
To make this dessert fit my cooking style, I have chosen to make it dairy and gluten-free.
How To Assemble This Dessert:
- Add the cranberries to a glass pan or cast iron skillet. Top with nuts and 1/2 cup sugar.
- To a separate bowl, with a hand mixer, cream together the remaining 1 cup sugar, eggs and butter. Add the flour and mix until just combined. Pour over the top of the cranberries. That’s it!
How To Serve This Cranberry Cake:
- Feel free to garnish with sugared cranberries. This isn’t apart of the original recipe, but I think it adds such a festive touch. Also serve with vanilla bean ice cream.
- Cranberries – You can use frozen fresh for this recipe. (When cranberries are in season, I usually buy a number of bags and throw them in the freezer for later).
- Eggs & Butter – Make sure both are at room temperature.
- Eggs – Add them to a bowl of warm water and let them sit for about 5 minutes.
- Butter – It needs to be soft and not melted. Also, I would not recommend melting it in the microwave, because if it gets too melty it will mess up the cooking process. (You can use vegan butter or your butter of choice).
And, for more dessert recipes, please give these a try:
- Maple Pecan Pie Bars
- Apple Turnovers with Homemade Caramel
- Apple Pie Espresso Frappuccino
- Apricot Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print