A sweet and wonderfully tart fall dessert that’s perfect for the holidays! This cake is also dairy and gluten-free.Cranberry Almond Cake!
Ingredients For This Cranberry Almond Cake:This cake is sweet and tender, and the cranberries are tart making it the perfect dessert.
- Whole Fresh Cranberries
- Nuts – Slice Almonds or Pecans
- Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- Vegan Butter
- Oat Flour
How To Assemble This Dessert:
- Add the cranberries to a glass pan or cast iron skillet. Top with nuts and 1/2 cup sugar.
- To a seperate bowl, with a hand mixer, cream together the remaining 1 cup sugar, eggs and butter. Add the flour and mix until just combined. Pour over the top of the cranberries. That’s it!
How To Serve This Cranberry Cake:
- Feel free to garnish with sugared cranberries. This isn’t apart of the original recipe, but I think it adds such a festive touch. Also serve with vanilla bean ice cream.
- Cranberries – You can use frozen fresh for this recipe. (When cranberries are in season, I usually buy a number of bags and throw them in the freezer for later).
- Butter – Let it come to room temperature — it needs to be soft and not melted. Also, I would not recommend melting it in the microwave, because if it gets too melty it will mess up the cooking process.
- Maple Pecan Pie Bars
- Apple Turnovers with Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Apple Pie Espresso Frappuccino
- Apricot Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Cranberry Almond Cake (GF & DF)
A sweet and wonderfully tart fall dessert that's perfect for the holidays!
Servings: 6 + people
- 2 cups Ocean Spray Fresh Cranberries, whole
- 1/2 cup Pecans or Sliced Almonds, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Florida Crystals Organic Raw Cane Sugar (linked below)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 sticks Miyoko's Creamery European Style Cultured Vegan Butter, Unsalted (linked below)
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Oat Flour
- So Delicious Dairy-Free Oatmilk Creamy Vanilla Bean Frozen Dessert, or vanilla ice cream of choice
- Spray an 8 x 8 glass pan with cooking spray, or use an ungreased cast iron skillet.
- Cover the bottom with whole cranberries.
- Top with pecans or almonds (which are my favorite) and 1/2 cup sugar.
- In a separate mixing bowl, with a hand mixer, cream together the remaining 1 cup sugar, eggs and butter.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined. Pour over the top of the cranberries.
- Bake at 350° F for 35 minutes in a glass pan, or for 45-50 minutes in a cast iron skillet.
- Serve topped with sugared cranberries and vanilla bean ice cream!
- If using a cast iron skillet: You may want to add another 1/2 cup of cranberries or so. I have cooked this dessert in both pans before, and I personally feel it may need a bit more cranberries in the cast iron pan.
- Butter: Let it come to room temperature -- it needs to be soft and not melted. Also, I would not recommend melting it in the microwave, because if it gets too melty it will mess up the cooking process.
- For a great skillet, this Lodge Cast Iron Skillet is available on Amazon.
- My pinch bowls are by Chrissy Teigen which I found at Target, but this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon. These Terracotta Pinch Bowls are from Amazon as well and are a best seller.
- Bob’s Red Mill Oat Flour: 22 ounce (1 pack) or 18 ounce (4 pack)