This Cranberry-Orange Compote is the perfect lil’ goodie to whip up during the holiday season! It’s fabulous on a number of things like: ice cream, cheesecake, biscuits, pancakes, cheese and crackers and much more.
- 2 cups Ocean Spray Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Florida Crystals Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Navel Orange, freshly squeezed juice (equals about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 Navel Orange, zested
- Make the sugar syrup: To a large saucepan, stir in the water and sugar until fully dissolved; bring to a boil.
- Boil: Reduce the heat to low, and boil for 10-15 minutes, or until the sugar syrup turns a pale amber color and starts to slightly thicken.
- Cranberries: Gently add the cranberries. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries start to pop.
- Add the aromatics: Stir in the orange juice, zest, and cinnamon stick. Cook another 10 minutes or until the sauce has nicely thickened.
- Let cool: Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Discard: Discard the cinnamon stick and transfer the mixture to a food processor.
- Purée the mixture: Purée on high until the compote is completely smooth. Or leave a little chunky, if you’re wanting a textured compote.
- Refrigerate: Cool and set aside until ready to use, or refrigerate in an airtight container. Makes 1 cup
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cranberry, Dessert, Fall, Fruit, Gluten-Free Recipes, Holiday Recipes, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Desserts