This Cranberry-Orange Compote is the perfect lil’ goodie to whip up during the holiday season! It’s fabulous on a number of things as well.
The day we put up our Christmas tree, we have music playing in the background, and this Cranberry Holiday Simmering Pot bubbling away on the stovetop. The smells alone will transport you to a magical place!
As I let it simmer all afternoon, I asked myself if I could actually do anything with the leftovers. That evening, I started to play with the ingredients and, even though I didn’t like the end result, another idea was born…fruit compote!
I then took the compote and slathered it in between delicious layers of puff pastry dough and baked it. Can you say, wow?!? 😉 It was so delicious!!! (That recipe link is shown below).
Important Note Regarding The Sweetener For This Compote:
- Sugar – I like to use coconut sugar for this recipe. It is unrefined, anti-inflammatory and is the healthier option over cane sugar. And in my opinion, when used, the end result is no different. I am a huge fan!
This Cranberry-Orange Compote is Fabulous on a Number of Things:
- Ice Cream
- Toast/Buttery Biscuits
- French Toast
- Cheese/Crackers or Crostini
And, for more cranberry recipes, please give these a try:
- Cranberry-Orange Twists with Orange Icing
- Christmas Cranberry Mimosas (Light & Festive)
- Apple Cranberry Orange Crisp
- Apricot Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print