- 2 cups Ocean Spray Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Navel Orange, juiced (equals about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 Navel Orange, zested
- To a large saucepan, stir in the water and sugar until fully dissolved; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and boil for 10-15 minutes, or until the sugar syrup turns a pale amber color and starts to slightly thicken.
- Gently add the cranberries. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries start to pop.
- Stir in the orange juice, zest, and cinnamon stick. Cook another 10 minutes or until the sauce has nicely thickened.
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and transfer the mixture to a food processor.
- Purée on high until the compote is completely smooth. Or leave a little chunky, if you’re wanting a textured compote.
- Cool and set aside until ready to use.
- Makes 1 cup