This Chocolate-Cherry Chia Pudding is a delicious and indulgent dessert that is surprisingly healthy too. It’s a light, low calorie treat that is perfect for a date night in, or a healthy snack option.
- 2 14 oz cans Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Badia Organic Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup Navitas Organic Cacao Powder or Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Wyman’s Frozen Cherries (dark, sweet & red tart), slightly defrosted
- Toppings: Cacao Nibs, sliced almonds, coconut flakes
- Make the pudding base: In a large bowl, combine the coconut milk, cacao powder, maple syrup and vanilla. Start the hand mixer on low and, once the mixture has come together a bit, bump it up to high and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in the seeds: Add the chia seeds and mix until combined. To prevent lumps, stir a couple more times over the next 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate: Divide the chia pudding among 4-6 serving containers, cover, and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Assemble: Serve with sweet cherries, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, sliced almonds, chocolate chunks or chocolate chips.
- Tools: Using a large bowl and hand mixer works great for this recipe.
- Coconut Milk: If you want to mask more of the coconut flavor, just add a bit more cacao/cocoa powder.
- Powder: If you don’t have cacao powder, replace it with cocoa powder at a 1:1 ratio.
- Cherries: Fresh or frozen works. Be sure to cut them in half, because they are easier to eat that way.
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chia Pudding Recipe, Chocolate Chia Pudding, Dairy-Free Recipes, Easy Dessert Recipes, Fruit, Healthy Dessert Recipes, Homemade Chocolate Pudding, How To Make Chocolate Pudding, How-To Make Chia Pudding, No Bake Desserts, Refined Sugar Free Recipes, Vegan Recipes