Chicken Noodle Soup is easily made right in the slow cooker. Comforting, hearty and very soothing! It’s perfect during the cold winter months or when fighting off sickness.
- 1 lb. Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 10 cups Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 1 12 oz bag No Yolks Pasta (Dumplings Style)
- 4 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 Celery Stalks, diced
- 1 small Yellow Onion, diced
- 6 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh Parsley, for topping
- Chicken: Liberally season both sides of the chicken with pepper and salt, and add to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Veggies & Aromatics: Add the carrots, celery, onion, garlic, bay leaves, rosemary, thyme and the chicken broth. Season with some additional pepper and salt and stir to combine.
- Cook: Cover and cook on high heat for 3-4 hours, or low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken: During the last 15-20 minutes, remove and shred the chicken, using two forks. Stir in the chicken and pasta into the slow cooker. Cover and cook until tender.
- Check for seasoning: If need be, finish off with some more pepper and salt and stir until well combined.
- Optional: Top each bowl with some parsley and serve immediately.
- Pasta: The No Yolk Pasta I use is great for this recipe. If you can’t find it, no worries, just get something similar is shape and texture. (Add the whole bag of pasta for a more filling soup. Add a bit less, if you want more of a liquid to pasta ratio).
- Cook Time: I cooked the soup for 3 1/2 hours on high heat, shredded the chicken, added the chicken back to the slow cooker along with the pasta and cooked for 20 more mins. If cooking on low heat, you will need to cook the pasta for an additional 10+ minutes or so.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Carrot Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Easy Main Dish, Fall, Main Dish, Pasta Recipes, Poultry, Slow Cooker Recipes, Soup, Winter