Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is easily made right in the slow cooker. Comforting, hearty and very soothing! It’s perfect during the cold winter months or when fighting off sickness.
Another day, another month! Isn’t it crazy how fast time flies by, yet stands still all at the same time?!? I feel like I’m in a time warp… March just began too and in the past six days there has been snow, freezing temps and all out sunshine. That’s Colorado in a nutshell!
And since March is supposedly the “snowiest” month of the year, soups and stews are still quite acceptable. Hence, this easy-to-throw-together Slow Cooker Chicken noodle Soup. It contains simple, good for you ingredients, and is way tastier than some store bought brands I’ve tried. It’s a staple for cold, wintery days, or for when you’re sick and you need to make something soothing.
If you make this, Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup, please be sure to let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. I hope you love it as much as I do!
And, for more soup recipes, please give these a try:
- Spicy-Sweet Potato Bean Soup with Chicken
- Creamy Roasted-Poblano Potato Soup
- Chicken & Vegetable Coconut Curry
- Cream Potato Sausage and Kale Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup (Slow Cooker)
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts, large
- 10 cups Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 1 12 oz bag No Yolks Pasta (Dumplings Style)
- 4 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 Celery Stalks, diced
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 6 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh Parsley, for topping
- Liberally season both sides of the chicken with pepper and salt, and add to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the carrots, celery, onion, garlic, bay leaves, rosemary, thyme and the chicken broth.
- Season with some additional pepper and salt and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 3-4 hours, or low heat for 6-8 hours.
- During the last 15-20 minutes, remove and shred the chicken, using two forks. Stir in the chicken and pasta into the slow cooker. Cover and cook until tender.
- If need be, finish off with some more pepper and salt and stir until well combined.
- Optional: top each bowl with some parsley and serve immediately.
- Cook Time: I cooked it for 3 1/2 hrs on high heat, shredded the chicken, added the chicken and pasta and cooked for 20 more mins.
- Cook Time: If cooking on low heat, you will need to cook the pasta for an additional 10+ minutes or so.
- Pasta: Add all of the pasta, for a more filling soup. Add a bit less, if you want more of a liquid to pasta ratio.
* Be sure to click the Yum button, which will allow you to save this recipe to your Yummly recipe box.