Southwest Chicken, Bean & Corn Enchiladas is a delicious meal that is ready and on the table in under an hour. The enchiladas are stuffed with chicken, black beans, sweet corn and topped with a rich red enchilada sauce.
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 small Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Frozen Sweet Corn (no need to thaw)
- 1/2 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Garlic Rotisserie Chicken (Family size), skin removed, 2 breasts diced (equivalent to 4 cups)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup 505 Southwestern® Salsa, Chunky or Restaurant Style
- 1 16 oz jar 505 Southwestern® Red Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Style Cheese, divided
- 8 Flour Tortillas, fajita style
- Toppings: Avocado slices, fresh cilantro, sliced serrano pepper, dairy-free sour cream, red onion, shredded lettuce and diced tomato
- Prep the pan: Preheat the oven to 375° F. To the bottom of a 13×9 pan, add a light layer of 505SW™ enchilada sauce to coat the surface. (This will help prevent the tortillas from sticking). Set aside.
- Sauté the onion: To a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until soft.
- Filling: Stir in the corn, beans, and chicken. Coat the mixture with chili powder, cumin, pepper and just a sprinkle of salt and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the sauces: Remove the skillet from the heat, and stir in the salsa, 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Fill the tortillas: Slightly warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds. Equally fill each tortilla with a spoonful and a half of the mixture, roll and add to the pan.
- Garnish: Drizzle the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake: Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the filling is hot.
- How to serve: Top the enchiladas with lettuce, avocado slices, onion, tomato, serrano pepper, cilantro and sour cream.
- Tortillas: You can use flour or corn tortillas. If you use corn, you will end up with more than 8 total.
- Enchilada Sauce: The sauce has enough salt in it. So be careful how much additional salt you add to the chicken mixture.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American, Southwestern
Keywords: American, Chicken Recipes, Easy Main Dish, Enchilada, Healthy Mexican Recipes, Main Dish, Mexican Chicken, Poultry, Southwestern