***This post is made in collaboration with 505 Southwestern®. All content, ideas and words are my own.***
Southwest Chicken, Bean & Corn Enchiladas is a delicious meal that is ready and on the table in under an hour. The enchiladas are stuffed with chicken, black beans, sweet corn and topped with a 505 Southwestern® Red Enchilada Sauce. This dish is very satisfying and we love it!
- Packed with great flavor and topped with a rich red enchilada sauce
- Loaded with chicken, black beans and sweet corn
- A quick and easy meal that you can have on the table in under an hour
- Great as leftovers!
- Chicken – For ease and convenience, I purchase a garlic rotisserie and quickly dice it up. You can also cook and shred chicken at home, or use some leftovers that you may have on hand already.
- 505 Southwestern® – I love their Red Chile Enchilada & Tamale Sauce – it is delicious. It is made with real ingredients and has a slightly smoky/sweet flavor to it. Plus, it is gluten-free and vegan.
- Cheese – Adding cheese isn’t a must, but my family loves cheese. So I add 1/2 cup to the filling and then sprinkle the last 1/2 cup on top. You can also use your favorite dairy-free version as well.
- Tortillas – For this recipe, I use unbleached white flour tortillas. I believe the flavor of these pairs perfectly with the rest of the ingredients. However, if you want to be 100% gluten-free then substitute it out for corn tortillas.
- Toppings – I love adding a myriad of toppings, because toppings are life! 😉 I use shredded lettuce, avocado, tomato, cilantro and dairy-free sour cream. And I do list some additional options below.
These Easy Southwest Chicken Enchiladas are my new favorite enchilada recipe. So, if you try them, please let me know in the comments below. I would love to know what you think.
And for more 505 Southwestern® recipes, please give these a try:
- Loaded Tomatillo Salsa Guacamole
- Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Pineapple-Mango Jalapeño Hot Wings
- Loaded Breakfast Taco Bar
- Flame Roasted Pork Green Chile
Easy Southwest Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 small Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Frozen Sweet Corn (no need to thaw)
- 1/2 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Garlic Rotisserie Chicken (Family size), skin removed, 2 breasts diced (equivalent to 4 cups)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup 505 Southwestern® Salsa (linked below)
- 1 16 oz jar 505 Southwestern® Red Enchilada Sauce (linked below)
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Style Cheese, divided
- 8 Flour Tortillas, fajita style
- Toppings: avocado slices, fresh cilantro, sliced serrano pepper, dairy-free sour cream, red onion, shredded lettuce and diced tomato
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- To the bottom of a 13x9 pan, add a light layer of 505SW™ enchilada sauce to coat the surface. (This will help prevent the tortillas from sticking). Set aside.
- To a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in the corn, beans, and chicken. Coat the mixture with chili powder, cumin, pepper and just a sprinkle of salt and stir until well combined.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, and stir in the salsa, 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Slightly warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds. Equally fill each tortilla with a spoonful and a half of the mixture, roll and add to the pan.
- Drizzle the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the filling is hot.
- Top the enchiladas with lettuce, avocado slices, onion, tomato, serrano pepper, cilantro and sour cream.
- Serve immediately!
- Tortillas: You can use flour or corn tortillas. If you use corn, you will end up with more than 8 total.
- The White Textured Stoneware, Ceramic Lasagna Pan and Ceramic Ramekins can all be found at World Market.
- And these White Marble Ceramic Coasters or these White Marble-Style Coasters are both from Amazon.
* Be sure to click the Yum button, which will allow you to save this recipe to your Yummly recipe box.