Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade with Empress 1908 Gin is the perfect cocktail for spring and summer. It is made with a honey lavender lemonade and then topped with a bit of gin. This cocktail is lightly sweet, a bit florally and earthy, and is an all around delicious drink.
- HONEY LAVENDER SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup Filtered Water
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Organic Whole Lavender Flowers
- HONEY LAVENDER LEMONADE:
- 8 large Lemons, freshly squeezed juice (equivalent to 1 2/3 cup juice)
- Honey Lavender Simple Syrup
- 5 cups Filtered Water
- HONEY LAVENDER GIN LEMONADE:
- 8 oz Honey Lavender Lemonade
- 2 oz Empress 1908 Gin
- Lemon Slices and Lavender Sprigs, for garnish
- Honey Lavender Simple Syrup: In a small pot, warm 1 cup water to almost boiling, but not fully boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey until fully dissolved. Stir in the lavender; cover and steep for at least 30 minutes, but up to 2-4 hours.
- Discard the lavender: Strain the honey mixture and discard the lavender.
- Honey Lavender Lemonade: Pour the Honey Lavender Simple Syrup into a glass pitcher. Add the lemon juice, and 5 more cups of cold water; stir to combine.
- Refrigerate: Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade: Pour 8 ounces of Honey Lavender Lemonade over an ice filled glass, top with 2 ounces of Empress Gin and stir until just incorporated.
- Garnish: Serve with fresh lemon slices and lavender sprigs.
- Lemonade: Store in a sealed pitcher in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Drink Recipes, Fruit, Gin Recipes, Honey, Lavender, Lemon, Lemonade Recipes, Mixed Drink Recipes, Outdoor Party, Recipes for a Crowd, Recipes for Parties, Spring, Summer