Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade (with Empress)
***This post is made in collaboration with Empress 1908 Gin. All content, ideas and words are my own.***
Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade with Empress 1908 Gin is the perfect cocktail for spring and summer. It is made with a honey lavender lemonade and then topped with a bit of gin. This cocktail is lightly sweet, a bit florally and earthy, and is an all around delicious drink. Plus, it is so much fun to make.
- Empress 1908 Gin containing eight natural botanicals
- A homemade lemonade recipe, which is less in sugar than a store bought version
Ingredient Notes For This Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade:
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice – Fresh lemon juice makes all the difference in the world when it comes to a great glass of lemonade. So please don’t cut yourself short here – no bottled juice! And to make prep time go faster, make sure to invest in a good-quality citrus juicer (links are provided below the post).
- Sweetener – I usually sweeten my lemonade with honey because the floral flavor pairs so well with it. All you need to do is make a honey simple syrup, by simmering equal parts water and honey (in order to dissolve the honey). However, it is important that you do not boil the water, because that is not good for the honey. If you are vegan, maple syrup is a great natural sweetener as well. Just stir the syrup directly into the lemonade mixture.
- Cold filtered water – I recommend using cold filtered water here, especially if you plan on serving this drink right away. That way the lemonade will be chilled from the get go.
- Gin – The Empress 1908 Gin makes this recipe what it is! Can you say, FAB-U-LOUS?!? So, I recommend you get your hands on a bottle or two and give this cocktail a try. 😉
The History on Empress 1908 Gin:
Empress 1908 Gin is handcrafted by Victoria Distillers and the legendary Fairmont Empress Hotel in Victoria, British Columbia. And the hotel’s afternoon tea is what actually inspired the creation of Empress 1908.
Handcrafted in small batch copper-pot stills, the distinct flavor profile is a result of eight natural botanicals: butterfly pea blossom, Fairmont Empress Blend Tea, juniper, grapefruit peel, coriander seed, cinnamon bark and rose petal. Also, it is all-natural and gluten-free as well.
So, what makes this gin stand out, and how is it different from all the rest?
The mystery is in the butterfly pea blossom. Not only does it add a subtle earthy note to the gin, but it balances out the citrus notes which yields in a rich pigmentation. And here’s the best part. The deep indigo hue changes to bright lavender, soft pink or fuchsia when you add citrus or tonic. It is stunning! And, it is absolutely magical to watch as you make it!
And for reference, here is the recipe for my Honey Lavender Lemonade that I use for this cocktail.
This Honey Lavender Lemonade with Empress Gin is such a beautifully delicious drink that is perfect for spring and summer. You can serve it for a small gathering or a fun outdoor party.
Looking for more Empress Gin recipes? Please give these a try:
- Empress Pear-Rosemary Gin Cocktail
- French 75 Cocktail with Empress Gin
- Strawberry Lavender Gin & Tonic
- Mixed-Berry Ice Cream Shake
- Cherry-Berry Gin Kombucha Cocktail
FOLLOW ALONG! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest updates, recipes and content.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade (with Empress)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Inactive Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade with Empress 1908 Gin is the perfect cocktail for spring and summer. It is made with a honey lavender lemonade and then topped with a bit of gin. This cocktail is lightly sweet, a bit florally and earthy, and is an all around delicious drink.
- HONEY LAVENDER SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup Filtered Water
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Organic Whole Lavender Flowers
- HONEY LAVENDER LEMONADE:
- 8 large Lemons, freshly squeezed juice (equivalent to 1 2/3 cup juice)
- Honey Lavender Simple Syrup
- 5 cups Filtered Water
- HONEY LAVENDER GIN LEMONADE:
- 8 oz Honey Lavender Lemonade
- 2 oz Empress 1908 Gin
- Lemon Slices and Lavender Sprigs, for garnish
- Honey Lavender Simple Syrup: In a small pot, warm 1 cup water to almost boiling, but not fully boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey until fully dissolved. Stir in the lavender; cover and steep for at least 30 minutes, but up to 2-4 hours.
- Discard the lavender: Strain the honey mixture and discard the lavender.
- Honey Lavender Lemonade: Pour the Honey Lavender Simple Syrup into a glass pitcher. Add the lemon juice, and 5 more cups of cold water; stir to combine.
- Refrigerate: Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade: Pour 8 ounces of Honey Lavender Lemonade over an ice filled glass, top with 2 ounces of Empress Gin and stir until just incorporated. (To see the colors change, let the gin settle into the lemonade before stirring).
- Garnish: Serve with fresh lemon slices and lavender sprigs.
- Lemonade: Store in a sealed pitcher in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Drink Recipes, Fruit, Gin Recipes, Honey, Lavender, Lemon, Lemonade Recipes, Mixed Drink Recipes, Outdoor Party, Recipes for a Crowd, Recipes for Parties, Spring, Summer
- My Stemless Wine Glasses are from World Market.
- The white glass pitcher shown is from TJMaxx Homegoods, which is no longer available for purchase. This White Ceramic Pitcher and this Distressed White Pitcher are both similar options and they can be found on Amazon.
- These White Marble Ceramic Coasters, or these White Marble-Style Coasters are both from Amazon.
- The Manual Citrus Press Juicer and the 2-in-1 Citrus Juicer can both be found on Amazon as well.
- Lastly, my Better Homes & Gardens Rusting Stoneware Cereal Bowl is available at Walmart or walmart.com.
I absolutely love this cocktail! It’s a summer time favorite.
Oh, me too! 🙂 Empress Gin makes such phenomenal drinks.