These Huevos Rancheros are made with refried and black beans, fluffy eggs, a flavorful green chile, and then topped off with all the fixings. Great for a chill weekend or an easy brunch!
- 8–10 Eggs, scrambled or fried
- 8 White Flour Tortillas or White Corn Tortillas
- 1 can Vegetarian Refried Beans
- 1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- Tillamook Mexican 4 Cheese or Dairy-Free Cheese, pre-shredded
- 1 16 oz jar 505 Southwestern® Hatch Valley Green Chile Sauce
- 1/3 medium Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small Tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 Avocados, pitted and diced
- 1–2 Jalapeño Peppers, thinly sliced
- Cilantro, to taste
- The Original Oatly Oat Milk, or milk of choice (just a splash)
- Ground Cumin, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Oven: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prep the beans: On medium heat, add the refried beans, cumin and salt to taste to a small pot and mix well.
- Chile: On medium-low heat, add the green chile sauce to a small pot and heat through.
- Eggs: Start to prepare the scrambled eggs with a splash of milk and salt and pepper to taste. Or prepare the fried eggs.
- Prep the tortillas: While the eggs cook, to a sheet pan, layer the tortillas side by side. Top with a smear of refried beans, black beans, and shredded cheese.
- Melt the cheese: Warm in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly; a couple of minutes.
- Assemble: Top the tortillas with the eggs and green chile.
- Ganish: Serve with onion, tomato, avocado, jalapeño peppers, and cilantro.
- Eggs: I generally make 2 per person. If making scrambled, I will add 1-2 more to the total amount for good measure.
- Tortillas: I generally give 2 per person.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Avocado, Beans and Legumes, Breakfast, Brunch, Cinco de Mayo, Easy Breakfast Recipes, Easy Main Dish, Egg Recipes, Green Chile Recipes, Main Dish