These Huevos Rancheros with Green Chile are made with refried and black beans, fluffy eggs, a flavorful green chile, and then topped off with all the fixings. Great for a chill weekend or an easy brunch!
Saturday’s and Sunday’s are made for brunching! 🙂
We love chill mornings over the weekends, and I find on Sunday’s we generally take our time to get around, hangout and listen to Andrew Farley. Then late morning-mid afternoon we dive into a good brunch. Today was no expectation!
And since eggs in our home are a major staple, we make Huevos Rancheros with Green Chile a lot. This Mexican dish doesn’t take a lot of time to throw together, and it seems to hit the spot every time. So if you’re looking for a fun, new way to spice up breakfast or brunch, give my Huevos Rancheros a try.
For more 505 Southwestern® recipes, please give these a try:
- Layered Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Casserole
- Flame Roasted Pork Green Chile
- Pineapple-Mango Jalapeño Hot Wings
- Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Loaded Breakfast Taco Bar
Huevos Rancheros With Green Chile
- 8-10 Eggs, scrambled or fried
- 8 White Flour Tortillas or White Corn Tortillas
- 1 can Vegetarian Refried Beans
- 1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- Tillamook Mexican 4 Cheese, pre-shredded
- 1 16 oz jar 505 Southwestern® Hatch Valley Green Chile Sauce
- 1/3 medium Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small Tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 Avocados, pitted and diced
- 1-2 Jalapeño Peppers, thinly sliced
- Cilantro, to taste
- The Original Oatly Oat Milk, or milk of choice (just a splash)
- Ground Cumin, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On medium heat, add the refried beans, cumin and salt to taste to a small pot and mix well. On medium-low heat, add the green chile sauce to a small pot and heat through.
- Start to prepare the scrambled eggs with a splash of milk and salt and pepper to taste. Or prepare the fried eggs.
- While the eggs cook, to a sheet pan, layer the tortillas side by side. Top with a smear of refried beans, black beans, and shredded cheese.
- Warm in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly; a couple of minutes.
- Top the tortillas with the eggs and green chile.
- Serve with onion, tomato, avocado, jalapeño peppers, and cilantro.
- Eggs: I generally make 2 per person. If making scrambled, I will add 1-2 more to the total amount for good measure.
- Tortillas: I generally give 2 per person.
* Be sure to click the Yum button, which will allow you to save this recipe to your Yummly recipe box.