These popsicles are infused with a botanical gin and are so refreshing. They are slightly tart, come with an added pinch of lavender, and are sweetened with honey for the most perfect adult pick me up. It will be hard to stop at just one.
- Lavender Honey Simple Syrup: On medium-high heat, warm the water to almost boiling, but not fully boiling. Remove from heat and stir in the honey until fully dissolved. Stir in the lavender flowers and let steep for 1-2 hours (the longer the better).
- Discard: Strain out the lavender flowers, and add the simple syrup to a 4 cup glass measuring cup.
- Lavender Gin Lemonade: Add the fresh lemon juice and gin to the lavender honey simple syrup, and stir until well combined.
- Add to the mold: Divide the lemonade mixture evenly between eight molds.
- Put in the freezer: Freeze for 1 hour.
- Add the sticks: Remove from the freezer, after one hour, and add the popsicle sticks. Return to the freezer and freeze for 4+ hours or overnight.
- Lavender Gin Lemonade Popsicles: When ready to serve, just peel back the silicone and gently release the popsicles.
- Lavender: Be sure not to use too much though, or the popsicles will taste like perfume.
- Gin: The amounts I give are just a suggestion. If you want less of an alcohol flavor I would say only use 3 ounces. If you want the popsicles to be nice and strong then use the full 4 ounces.
- Pro Tip: Here’s a tip to help prevent the full popsicle mold from spilling. Put a mini tray underneath the popsicle mold and put both in the freezer. This will protect the mold from shifting.
- FYI: This recipes makes a total of 8 popsicles. However, if you add 3-4 fresh lemon slices to some of the molds, as I did, you will have a bit of leftover gin lemonade.
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Dairy-Free, Easy Dessert Recipes, Easy Snack Recipes, Fruit, Gluten-Free, Honey, Lavender, Lemon, Lemonade Recipes, Low Calorie, Low-Fat, Popsicle Recipes, Recipes for a Crowd, Summer