***This post is made in collaboration with Empress 1908 Gin. All content, ideas and words are my own.***
Lavender Gin Lemonade Popsicles! In need of a boozy, frozen treat this summer? These popsicles are infused with a botanical gin and are so refreshing. They are slightly tart, come with an added pinch of lavender, and are sweetened with honey for the most perfect adult pick me up. It will be hard to stop at just one.
- Adult lemonade on a stick…does it get any better than that?!?
- One of the best gins I have come across
- Comes together with just four ingredients
Empress 1908 Gin:
Now let’s discuss the gin. Why is this gin purple? Empress 1908 Gin is handcrafted in small batch copper-pot stills, the distinct flavor profile is a result of eight natural botanicals: butterfly pea blossom, Fairmont Empress Blend Tea, juniper, grapefruit peel, coriander seed, cinnamon bark and rose petal. The rich purple hue actually comes from the butterfly pea blossom. And here is a fun fact for you. The deep indigo hue changes to bright lavender, soft pink or fuchsia when you add citrus or tonic (depending on how much you add). How cool is that?!? It is stunning! And, it is absolutely magical to watch as you mix!
Below I share some helpful tips and tricks to make this the best popsicle possible.
Ingredient Notes For These Lavender Gin Lemonade Popsicles:
- Lemon – Only use fresh lemon juice for this recipe. Bottled will not work.
- Honey – My favorite brand that I use is shown below. So be sure to check it out. Once you try it, I promise, you will never go back to anything else.
- Lavender – This is such a great addition. Be sure not to use too much though, or the popsicles will taste like perfume.
- Gin – The amounts I give below are just a suggestion. If you want less of an alcohol flavor I would say only use 3 ounces. If you want the popsicles to be nice and strong then use the full 4 ounces. (I think the full 4 ounces is perfect).
- Pro Tip – Here’s a tip to help prevent the full popsicle mold from spilling. Put a mini tray underneath the popsicle mold and put both in the freezer. This will protect the mold from shifting.
- FYI: This recipes makes a total of 8 popsicles. However, if you add 3-4 fresh lemon slices to some of the molds, as I did, you will have a bit of leftover gin lemonade. (To fix that problem we just “taste test 😉 😉 ” a couple of ounces before we fill the molds, to make sure the flavors are on point, and all is good).
And, for more Empress Gin recipes, please give these a try:
- Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade (with Empress)
- Strawberry Lavender Gin & Tonic
- Cherry-Berry Gin Kombucha Cocktail
- Mixed-Berry Ice Cream Shake
- Empress Pear-Rosemary Gin Cocktail
- French 75 Cocktail with Empress Gin
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print