This crisp asparagus is bright, fresh and has a nice bite to it! It’s the perfect side dish to celebrate Spring and pairs well with everything!
- 1 lb. Asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tbsp Miyoko’s Creamery European Style Cultured Vegan Unsalted Butter
- 1 Lemon, freshly squeezed juice
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Butter: In a sauté pan, melt the butter on medium-high heat.
- Asparagus: Add the asparagus, a healthy squeeze of lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Cook: Give the asparagus a good toss; making sure they are well coated in the juice and salt. Cook, tossing occasionally; about 8 mins. (Just go by taste here, and make sure to cook it al dente).
- Trimming asparagus: Grab several spears, grasping the stems in one hand and the bottoms in the other, and bend the asparagus in half. It’ll snap where the tough stalk meets the tender spear.
- Cook time: It’s hard to pinpoint an exact time, because it’s highly dependent upon the size of the asparagus. Generally, I cook it around 8-12 minutes, ensuring that it’s crisp-tender.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Asparagus, Dairy-Free Recipes, Easy Side Dish Recipes, Fruit, Healthy, Lemon, Low Calorie, Low-Fat, Side Dish, Spring, Vegan, Vegetarian