Lemon Butter Asparagus! This crisp asparagus is bright, fresh and has a nice bite to it! It’s the perfect side dish to celebrate Spring and pairs well with everything!
- Crisp-tender asparagus
- Made with vegan butter
- Added brightness from the lemon
We love asparagus in our house! And every time I bring home a bundle, we love to cook it this way. This side dish also pairs very well with my Lemon Rosemary Salmon, which is an impressive date night option! (To be honest though, this side dish is a great accompaniment to any main meal).
Ingredient Notes For This Lemon Butter Asparagus:
- Asparagus – When looking for asparagus, try to find a size that is right in the middle. Meaning, don’t find stalks that are too skinny or too thick, but ones that are right in between. FYI: The thicker stalks tend to be very fibrous and tough.
- Trimming the asparagus: Grab several spears, grasping the stems in one hand and the bottoms in the other, and bend the asparagus in half. It’ll snap where the tough stalk meets the tender spear.
- Miyoko’s Creamery ®European Style Cultured Vegan Butter – This butter is 100% crafted from plants. Plus it melts, spread, browns, bakes and tastes like butter. For me, this is a great alternative because it is lactose free, gluten-free and contains no dairy. Oh yay!
- Lemon – Use the real deal here. With this recipe being so simple, using the best ingredients possible will make the dish taste amazing.
Lemon. Vegan Butter. Salt. It is just that simple. And it’s so true, sometimes the simplest things are what taste the absolute best.
And, for more side dish recipes, please give these a try:
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad (w/ Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette)
- Delicious Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Herb Salted Smashed Potatoes (Perfectly Crispy)
- Charred Lemon Broccoli (Healthy & Flavorful)
- Cilantro-Lime Rice Recipe
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print