These tacos are packed full with fluffy eggs and chorizo, and topped off with onion, tomato, avocado, and cilantro. But the star that elevates this is the flame roasted green chile. It packs just the right amount of heat and it makes the tacos what they are.
- 8 Eggs + 1 tbsp Water, beaten
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- 8 Flour or White Corn Tortillas, charred or warmed
- 1 lb. Mexican Chorizo, cooked and drained
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 2 Avocados, pitted and sliced
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jar 505 Southwestern® Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chile (Medium)
- 1 jar 505 Southwestern® Hatch Valley Green Chile Restaurant Style Salsa
- Kite Hill Sour Cream, for topping
- Fresh Cilantro, for topping
- Chorizo: To a large skillet, over medium-high heat cook the chorizo; breaking it up as it cooks, about 7-9 minutes. Remove from the heat. Drain the meat on a paper towel lined plate. Reserve just a bit of the oil for the eggs.
- Eggs: Preheat the same pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the eggs to the skillet and cook using a spatula to stir the eggs until soft curds form, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Char the tortillas: While the eggs are cooking, warm the tortillas over a gas stovetop until lightly charred on both sides and warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes total. (Or warm in the microwave).
- Assemble: To assemble the tacos, divide the egg mixture among the warm tortillas, add some chorizo, tomato, avocado, onion and flame roasted green chile. Top with salsa, sour cream and cilantro. Serve immediately!
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch, Main Course
- Cuisine: Mexican, Southwestern
Keywords: Breakfast, Brunch, Chorizo, Dairy-Free, Egg Recipes, Gluten-Free Recipes, Main Dish, Sausage Recipes, Tacos