***This post is made in collaboration with 505 Southwestern®. All content, ideas and words are my own.***
Loaded Breakfast Taco Bar! This Southwestern style taco bar is the perfect way to start your morning. These tacos are packed full with fluffy eggs and chorizo, and topped off with onion, tomato, avocado, and cilantro. But the star that elevates this is the 505 Southwestern® Flame Roasted Green Chile. It packs just the right amount of heat and it makes the tacos what they are.
Whether it’s for your family or for a large crowd, this taco bar is very easy to set up. It also requires very little cook time so you get a meal that is quick and delicious. This is perfect for a fast, weekday breakfast, or a really fun weekend brunch with friends.
- 100% gluten-free if you use corn tortillas
- Great options! This taco bar has a number of topping options. So, there is something for everyone. Plus, who doesn’t love making their food their own?!? It’s always fun to let everyone customize their own tacos.
- Flame Roasted Green Chile – I love spicy food! And this green chile does not disappoint.
- It checks all the boxes! It has great flavor and spice, and it only contains 3 simple ingredients: premium Hatch green chile peppers from New Mexico that are flame roasted and diced; garlic salt; and lime juice. That’s it. It is simple and so delicious!
- Tip: You can use it as an ingredient, dip or condiment! It’s a triple threat.
- Green Chile Salsa – You can’t have tacos without some salsa as well. So load it up. (This salsa is red in color, but features Hatch Valley green chile in the recipe).
Ingredient Notes For This Breakfast Taco Bar:
- Eggs – Add just a splash of water to the eggs to create a light, fluffy, soft curd. Also, cook the eggs low and slow. (If you’re heat is too hot, you will have overly dry eggs).
- Chorizo – Once cooked, reserve just a bit of the oil for cooking the eggs. It provides great flavor.
- Tortillas – If you char the tortillas it amplifies the flavors even more. It is the best.
- Avocado – This is a must! Don’t cut them open, though, until the last minute to prevent browning.
- 505 Southwestern® – I can’t recommend this brand enough! There is always 505SW™ in my pantry. And once you try it you will feel the same. Both of these products are certified Non-GMO, Gluten Free & Vegan. The 505SW™ green chile and salsa take this Loaded Breakfast Taco Bar from good to phenomenal! This brand is a definite must try!!!
Tips on Setup:
- Once the eggs and chorizo are made, add all the ingredients to individual bowls. Set it up on your table, bar or island, and have everyone make their own plate. Be sure to include some fun drinks as well.
- If you really want to get into the theme, use flatware and glasses that have a southwestern style.
And, for more 505 Southwestern® recipes, please give these a try:
- Easy Southwest Chicken Enchiladas
- Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Pineapple-Mango Jalapeño Hot Wings
- Loaded Tomatillo Salsa Guacamole
- Shredded Chicken Crunchy Tacos
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
- My pinch bowls are from Target, but this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon. These Terracotta Pinch Bowls are from Amazon as well and are a best seller.
- My White Textured Stoneware is available at World Market.
- This Better Homes & Gardens Rectangle Tray is available at Walmart and is an in-store purchase only.