This guacamole is the perfect appetizer or healthy snack. It is packed with red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and a zesty tomatillo garlic and lime salsa. And to bring it all together it is then topped with crunchy bacon.
- 1 16 oz jar 505 Southwestern® Tomatillo Garlic & Lime Salsa (Medium), (only need 1/4 cup)
- 2 Ripe Hass Avocados, pitted and scooped
- 1/2 Lime, freshly squeezed juice
- 1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro (need 2 tbsp)
- 1–2 Jalapeño Pepper, diced
- Red Onion, finely diced
- 8 oz Kite Hill Sour Cream Alternative (only need 1 tbsp)
- 1 Bacon Strip, cooked and roughly broken up
- HOMEMADE CORN TORTILLA CHIPS:
- 8 6-inch White Corn Tortillas
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Fine Sea Salt
- Make the chips: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush both sides of the tortillas with the oil. Stack the tortillas and, with a pizza cutter, cut the pile into sixths to make chips. Spread the chips out, in a single layer, on one large baking sheet and season with salt.
- Bake: Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 12-15 minutes. Remove to a plate to cool slightly.
- Make the guacamole: While the chips bake, prepare all the other ingredients. To a glass bowl, add the tomatillo salsa, cilantro, jalapeño, onion and sour cream. Season with salt, pepper and cumin and stir to combine.
- Mash and stir: Add the avocados and mash with a fork. (Be sure to leave it a bit chunky for texture). Gently stir in the lime juice until just incorporated.
- How to serve: Transfer to a mortar and pestle or a different glass bowl. Serve with baked tortilla chips or use for tacos and tostadas, sandwiches or a crudités platter.
- Red Onion: If using a large one, cut about 1/3 off and use what you want from that. Add more or less to taste.
- Cream: If using real sour cream, just replace it at a 1:1 ratio.
- Peppers: Serrano peppers can also work as a substitute.
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Cuisine: American, Southwestern
Keywords: Appetizer Recipes, Avocado, Cinco de Mayo, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Easy Snack Recipes, Guacamole, Guacamole and Chips, Healthy, Healthy Snack, Recipes for a Crowd, Recipes for Parties