***This post is made in collaboration with 505 Southwestern®. All content, ideas and words are my own.***
Loaded Tomatillo Salsa Guacamole is the perfect appetizer or healthy snack. It is packed with red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and a zesty tomatillo garlic and lime salsa from 505 Southwestern. And to bring it all together it is then topped with crunchy bacon. This recipe will change the way you look at guacamole forever.
- Creamy, zippy guacamole
- Tomatillo and green chile flavor
- Homemade baked tortilla chips
- Gluten and dairy free
- Perfect for a family of four, or you can make it in large batches for a party
Ingredient Notes For This Tomatillo Salsa Guacamole:
- 505 Southwestern® – The Tomatillo Garlic & Lime Salsa is the ingredient that gives this guacamole that extra special flare. In this recipe, you get the flavor of tomatillos, garlic and lime without actually having to do all the work. That is a win! Thanks 505!
- Sour Cream – This will add creaminess, and who doesn’t want that? If using real sour cream just replace it at a 1:1 ratio.
- Pepper – This recipe calls for jalapeño peppers. Serrano peppers can also work as a substitute.
- Onion – If using a large one, cut about 1/3 off and use what you want from that. Add more or less to taste.
- Bacon – Believe it or not, the bacon completes this guacamole. It puts it way over the top when it comes to flavor. So, don’t leave this out! 😉 I promise, you will never look at guacamole the same way again.
Homemade Tortilla Chips:
- It takes just 15 minutes to whip up a batch of these chips. All you need is white corn tortillas, avocado oil, and fine sea salt to create the most delicious homemade chips. They taste better than store bought and everyone will love you for it!
How To Serve The Loaded Tomatillo Salsa Guacamole:
- Top with bacon pieces, a sprinkle more of cilantro and a slice of lime. For more eye appeal, you can even add a bit more red onion and jalapeño pepper for presentation. And don’t forget the homemade chips.
- Be sure to have extra ingredients on hand, because everyone is going to want more in the coming days, if not right away. Lol!
For more 505 Southwestern® recipes, please give these a try:
- Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Pineapple-Mango Jalapeño Hot Wings
- Loaded Breakfast Taco Bar
- Flame Roasted Pork Green Chile
- Shredded Chicken Crunchy Tacos
Loaded Tomatillo Salsa Guacamole
- 1 16 oz jar 505 Southwestern® Tomatillo Garlic & Lime Salsa, medium (only need 1/4 cup) (linked below)
- 2 Ripe Hass Avocados, pitted and scooped
- 1/2 Lime, freshly squeezed juice
- 1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro (need 2 tbsp)
- 1-2 Jalapeño Pepper, diced
- Red Onion, finely diced
- 8 oz Kite Hill Sour Cream Alternative (only need 1 tbsp)
- 1 Bacon Strip, cooked and roughly broken up
- HOMEMADE CORN TORTILLA CHIPS:
- 8 6-inch White Corn Tortillas
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Fine Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Make the chips. Brush both sides of the tortillas with the oil. Stack the tortillas and, with a pizza cutter, cut the pile into sixths to make chips.
- Spread the chips out, in a single layer, on one large baking sheet and season with salt.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove to a plate to cool slightly.
- Make the guacamole. While the chips bake, prepare all the other ingredients.
- To a glass bowl, add the tomatillo salsa, cilantro, jalapeño, onion and sour cream. Season with salt, pepper and cumin and stir to combine.
- Add the avocados and mash with a fork. (Be sure to leave it a bit chunky for texture). Gently stir in the lime juice until just incorporated.
- Transfer to a mortar and pestle or a different glass bowl.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips or use for tacos and tostadas, sandwiches or a crudités platter.
- Red Onion: If using a large one, cut about 1/3 off and use what you want from that. Add more or less to taste.
- Cream: If using real sour cream, just replace it at a 1:1 ratio.
- Peppers: Serrano peppers can also work as a substitute.
- My pinch bowls are from Target, but this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon. These Terracotta Pinch Bowls are from Amazon as well and are a best seller.
- This Mortar and Pestle Set is from Amazon as well.
* Be sure to click the Yum button, which will allow you to save this recipe to your Yummly recipe box.