This refreshing Mango Serrano Margarita is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy, and is guaranteed to become your new favorite cocktail!
- SERRANO SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup Cane Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Water, filtered
- 1 Serrano Pepper, washed and sliced lengthwise
- MANGO-SERRANO PURÉE:
- 1/2 cup up to 3/4 cup Serrano Simple Syrup
- 1 Mango, peeled and chopped
- MANGO SERRANO MARGARITA:
- Salt for the rim
- 2 oz Repsado Exotico Tequila
- 3 oz Mango-Serrano Purée
- 1 Lime, freshly squeezed juice
- Lime wedge, for garnish
- 1 Serrano Pepper, washed and sliced lengthwise, for garnish
- Serrano Simple Syrup: In a small pot, let the sugar and water come to a boil; stirring consistently until dissolved. Add 1 serrano pepper.
- Cool: Remove from the heat and let cool completely; around 20 minutes.
- Discard: Discard the pepper from the syrup before transferring to the refrigerator.
- Make the Mango Purée: To a blender, add 1/2 cup up to 3/4 cup Serrano Simple Syrup along with the mango and purée; set aside.
- Put it all together: Gently line the rim of a glass with a lime wedge and coat with margarita salt. Add 2 ounces tequila, 3 ounces Mango-Serrano Purée, and the juice of 1 lime to a shaker and mix until well combined.
- Garnish: Pour over ice and garnish with an extra lime wedge and half a serrano pepper.
- Flavored Simple Syrup: This will last for about a week in the fridge.
- Mango: The key to making this drink successful is really sweet mango.
- Serrano Pepper: Leave the rib in for a more spicy flavor, or remove it for less spice.
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy Drink Recipes, Fruit, Gluten-Free Recipes, Lime Recipes, Low-Fat, Mango, Margarita, Mixed Drink Recipes, Pureeing Recipes, Tequila Recipes