This Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Mousse is a spin off of a traditional mousse, but takes only minutes to whip up. It is super smooth, very decadent, and includes a fresh fruit purée. This easy dessert is perfect for date night, a special occasion or just because.
- Chocolate mousse: In a food processor, blend the ricotta cheese until smooth. Add the chocolate hazelnut spread and blend until it’s nicely incorporated. Refrigerate until it sets up.
- Raspberries: Purée the raspberries until smooth; set aside. (If you want to remove the seeds that specific instruction is listed in the notes below).
- Assemble: Layer some chocolate whipped ricotta into three small jars, add some raspberry purée, and top off with the remaining chocolate mixture.
- Optional: Right before serving, add the whipped topping to each cup.
- Ricotta: Let it come to room temperature before using. This way, the mixture will be much easier to whip. Also, make sure not to skip the step of whipping the ricotta in the blender. This step is crucial to the whole recipe! (The lighter texture of the ricotta comes from whipping air into the mixture).
- Chocolate Mousse: Refrigerate until it sets up. This provides differentiation between the layers, and prevents the raspberry purée from sinking into the chocolate.
- Raspberries (seed removal): Set a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the purée through the strainer. Press with a spoon as needed to release all of the purée through the mesh. This will remove the seeds.
- Mousse Cups: Once the jars are assembled, refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving, let them rest on the counter for a couple of minutes just to soften a bit.
- Whipped Topping: Add right before serving.
- Here are instructions for a dairy homemade whipped cream: To make the whip, add 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream to a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whip on medium-high speed until medium peaks form, about 3-5 minutes. (Don’t over-beat, or the mixture will become butter-like). Add 3-4 tbsp Powder Sugar and quickly whip to combine. Use immediately or cover tightly and chill in the refrigerator.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate, Chocolate Mousse, Dairy-Free Recipes, Date Night Recipes, Dessert, Easy Dessert Recipes, Fruit, Fruit Dessert Recipes, Fruit Recipes, No Bake Desserts, Ricotta