This Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Mousse is a spin off of a traditional mousse, but takes only minutes to whip up. It is super smooth, very decadent, and includes a fresh fruit purée. This easy dessert is perfect for date night, a special occasion or just because.
- A rich chocolate mousse that is nice and light from the whipped ricotta
- Raspberry purée
- Whipped topping–optional
Ingredient Notes For This Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Mousse:
- Ricotta – Kite Hill has a fantastic ricotta cheese alternative. The texture, taste and consistency is spot on. It is kind of expensive, but it is absolutely worth it. (If you don’t want to use a dairy free alternative that is fine – use what works best for you. Note: Just be sure to replace it at a 1:1 ratio).
- Tip – Let it come to room temperature before using. This way, the mixture will be much easier to whip. Also, make sure not to skip the step of whipping the ricotta in the blender. This step is crucial to the whole recipe! (The lighter texture of the ricotta comes from whipping air into the mixture).
- Chocolate – I have made this mousse with three different types of hazelnut chocolate spread (Nutella, Nutiva and Justin’s). Each one is good! However, you have to keep a couple things in mind when making your decision on this ingredient.
- Nutella – This has a rich, decadent flavor but includes dairy.
- Nutiva – This also has a rich decadent flavor, but comes with the added benefit that it is vegan. 😉 It has the same texture as Nutella.
- Justin’s – This product is delicious, but doesn’t produce as much of a decadent result as the other two. Personally, I just feel it’s not as rich and deep in flavor. It is also dairy-free.
- Raspberry Purée – For convenience, I left the seeds in the purée. However, if you have time, feel free to remove the seeds.
- What’s the best way to remove the seeds? Set a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the purée through the strainer. Press with a spoon as needed to release all of the purée through the mesh. This will remove the seeds.
- Whipped Cream – You can use store bought or homemade.
And, for more date night recipe ideas, please give these a try:
- Braised Short Ribs with Cranberries (Slow Cooker)
- Decadent Chocolate-Cherry Chia Pudding
- Shrimp & Spicy Tomatoes over Polenta
- Herb-Crusted Cornish Game Hens
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print